Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 2600 Circle D converter installed, and my new drag wheel setup hasn't arrived yet. I wasn't going to let that stop me from making one last trip to the track to tear up the street tires, and boy did I ever.

Here is my first run of the day from two different angles...

You are not going to believe my 60ft with 20in rims and Hankook Ventus V12 street tires...

Is that some kind of a record?:)

It was 80 degrees on the track and the DA was 1500ft. Since it was hot and my car was hot from driving when I ran it was pretty easy to get a good 60ft as I just used my pre-stall technique of stalling it up to 1100 and rolling into it firmly. As the temps dropped and my car cooled down I started having a lot of trouble launching haha.

In this vid I ran a 12.3 with a 1.83 60ft but I was spinning down the track...

And finally this was one of those cool moments that makes owning such a unique rare car so much fun. Peep the guy checking the car out while I am in the staging lanes. Also you get to see me blue the tires up and still when my run in braket racing lol. Listen to the commentator with his spot on analysis of my lack of driver Mod:drink:

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn man! That thing is sick nasty outta the hole with the new converter!!!!

Im 99.99% sure this will be my next mod!
Just wait until the Drag radials come on next week and I can try to really launch it hard. I noticed that my car short shifts the 3-4 shift at WOT going down the track. It is shifting 300-400rpm too early on that shift so I'm glad I saw that. I emailed Pat G so with the new DRs and the Tune dialed in the car should run great with some decent weather.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Awesome videos dude!! Can't wait to see those DRs go on!

·
Registered
923 Posts
This is the stall speed I'd be interested in. I'm just sick of sitting at a light with my foot hard on the brake just so I don't creep.

Is there any way (with you, of course there is!) you can do a simple video of the driveability around town? Like an over the shoulder shot showing the dash?

I'm going to replace the converter for the tightness of the factory one, any increase in performance would be secondary. I just don't want the loose feeling I see so much of with hi-stall converters.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the stall speed I'd be interested in. I'm just sick of sitting at a light with my foot hard on the brake just so I don't creep.

Is there any way (with you, of course there is!) you can do a simple video of the driveability around town? Like an over the shoulder shot showing the dash?

I'm going to replace the converter for the tightness of the factory one, any increase in performance would be secondary. I just don't want the loose feeling I see so much of with hi-stall converters.
I will make a little bid on the coming days.
I was planning to make a impressions thread soon now that I have had some seat time.

Nice 60' times on that first one! But it seems like you're in the same place I am... at a loss for traction.

Details? Please tell me you're at least using 18" wheels so I can borrow them for a single pass :D

-Todd...
the are 18s with a 265/40-18 mickey Thompson et street II. you may need a fender roll as the offset is like my 20in Rims.

·
Registered
544 Posts
gotta love a stall lol

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
gotta love a stall lol
after racing you I want it even more. They just rip outta the hole like no other....unless you have a maggie

Whenever I start feeling like I dont really "need" one I watch this video of the 1st couple times we lined up...the 2600-2800 just seems like a perfect setup. Looking forward to Yeti's first impressions thread.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice, I love those Hankook tires.
They are great tires. Very predictable, handle the wet stuff well, and I have run three sets of them on this car with great results. I've always managed sub 2.0 60s with them no matter what my power level or mods have been.

BTW did you notice that 5.0 I raced in that vid? It is out there at the track every week. Automatic with DRs. Usually runs 12.9s but the weather sucked so we were all pretty slow.

Speaking of slow my friend has a GTO that you could actually hear go down the track in front of me in the second vid. His car is dumb loud and the week prior he was running 11.4s and 11.5s, but yesterday couldn't get anything under 12.1. The stall is cool for launching, but I wish there was something I could do to overcome hot air...

gotta love a stall lol
Your car sealed the deal for me to get that low of a stall. Everyone I talked to said at least a 3200, but the way yours runs I saw no need.

after racing you I want it even more. They just rip outta the hole like no other....unless you have a maggie

Whenever I start feeling like I dont really "need" one I watch this video of the 1st couple times we lined up...the 2600-2800 just seems like a perfect setup. Looking forward to Yeti's first impressions thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWcK5iwPWIY&list=UU8-olpyYKu-Gj_QewFJi0iw&index=12
Yeah the stall is nuts. Takes some getting used to the transmission not feeling as precise, but the benefits at the track are undeniable. You have already conquered the stock stall, so you might as well come over to the dark side :judge:

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Nice vids Ike.... your car is a beast!

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Nice 60 ft. you'll have great 60ft once the drs are on :)

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
They are great tires. Very predictable, handle the wet stuff well, and I have run three sets of them on this car with great results. I've always managed sub 2.0 60s with them no matter what my power level or mods have been.

BTW did you notice that 5.0 I raced in that vid? It is out there at the track every week. Automatic with DRs. Usually runs 12.9s but the weather sucked so we were all pretty slow.

Speaking of slow my friend has a GTO that you could actually hear go down the track in front of me in the second vid. His car is dumb loud and the week prior he was running 11.4s and 11.5s, but yesterday couldn't get anything under 12.1. The stall is cool for launching, but I wish there was something I could do to overcome hot air...

Your car sealed the deal for me to get that low of a stall. Everyone I talked to said at least a 3200, but the way yours runs I saw no need.

Yeah the stall is nuts. Takes some getting used to the transmission not feeling as precise, but the benefits at the track are undeniable. You have already conquered the stock stall, so you might as well come over to the dark side :judge:
I laughed... 12.9's with DRs? Needs driver mod badly. Yeah that GTO in the second vid sounded nasty. Keep up the awesome work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts