Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had reports of G8's with stripe packages and even reports of LS3's in engine bays rolling around GM proving grounds.

One recently got caught out in Royal Oak, MI.

While I am not sold on the looks it does show some movement in the Pontiac camp.

Source for pics: Jalopnik

·
HLDN ON
450 Posts
not a fan of the stripe package. yuck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I hope they offer that style wheel in 20". 18" is just barely too small for the given wheel well but I like the design more than either of the too-thick 5-spokes on the GT.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They only good thing out of this is GM is showing that they are throwing ideas around at the plant. - but they can keep the stripes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Guess GM feels the need to have something to compete with Charger Daytonas. Too bad. The GT is too high class a car for that. No one would put those stripes and kiddie spoiler on a 550i, so they won't look right on a G8 either.

If GM wants to dress the car up, use the kind of exterior modifications that go on a M-series BMW, not a crummy Dodge.

We're better than that.

Tacky stripes would be exactly the WRONG image message for this car...and for Pontiac for that matter...I thought Lutz banished tacky stripes and cladding from the Pontiac playbook. NO regression now.

The G8 should have a premium image...a BMW for those who won't pay outrageous prices.

·
Longtime Member
1,556 Posts
That spoiler is a must for me!!! The stripes are a negative.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wondered what the stripe packages would look like. Now I know. The front one isn't that bad, if you're into that sort of thing, but the rear is aweful.

I'd get neither and be happier for it, me thinks.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.