Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't care what they offer as an option. Just don't force that boy-racer spoiler or those stripes down my throat. Hey, Pontiac! Less is more! (Except under the hood and in the wheelwells. Period.

·
Registered
531 Posts
What happened? I had a post earlier in this thread. Did it get deleted? Are we not allowed to have dissenting opinions? :dunno:

*EDIT* Nevermind, my post was in the other thread about the same subject.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can keep the stripes, but I will take the spoiler. That is one reason why I am waiting for the 09's to come out. I have thought about adding stripes once I purchase a black GT with dark gray or flat black stripes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For the love of all that is tasteful, do NOT display a GXP with these stripes at the NY show! The Super Bee is not a design you want to emulate with a car that is being compared to European luxury. There is a line between BAS and horribly tacky. The G6 GXP crossed it and so does this. Redo! Look at the Commodore track stripes and the HSV led tails and go from there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I take it back! I didn't notice the stripes continue down the side of the car past the hood. That's just to much.....

·
Registered
171 Posts
that is hideous

commodores package is much more tasteful

pity the Camaro has already stolen them
:confused: Yea, Chevrolet traveled forward in time and stole the stripe idea from the current generation Commodore and put it on their first generation Camaros. :nuts:

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think it looks terrible in person...I live right by the proving grounds and see that car a lot, even yesterday. I've also seen a white one running around that appears to be a Holden because of the wing, which I actually like.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in SC, it's the middle of March and I'm seeing that striped up G8, seeing ice on the ground, seeing the grey Michigan sky and saying thank you 7 lb 10 ounce baby Jesus for not beeing in Michigan seeing that ugly ass G8.
Yuck.
They are trying to out Charger Super Bee the Charger Super Bee.
Next thing you know there'll be Passion Purple G8s rolling around with flat black hoods.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If Pontiac wants to be seen as the GM BMW division they can't let any appearance packages like this see the light of day.
Let Dodge have that business.
Same reason Cadillac doesn't want any of the new Caddies to have vinyl tops.
The car becomes a carciature if things like this are allowed to be optional.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
21 - 40 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.