Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
loving the stripes.......im getting my stripes painted on next week same as the white stripes just going with black instead!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The stripes? They're just disgusting!!!! :ban:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I sure wouldn't paint them. I have to admit I like some of them cause to gives it a touch of muscle.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Holden Ralleye style stripes aren't bad if done right like on OneSlowGreenGT's car.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I was going to purchase a Liquid Red GT like the one above and I am glad I did not. The big issue I see with those stripes is over time they will peel and it will just turn into a vehicle that looks like it belongs in a trailer park somewhere in mississippi (yeah I didn't capitalize it). Another reason is if you wax &/ polish, the time spent getting around all those stripes is just a pain.

·
Swollen Member
194 Posts
I was going to purchase a Liquid Red GT like the one above and I am glad I did not. The big issue I see with those stripes is over time they will peel and it will just turn into a vehicle that looks like it belongs in a trailer park somewhere in mississippi (yeah I didn't capitalize it). Another reason is if you wax &/ polish, the time spent getting around all those stripes is just a pain.
the dealer, along with a few detailing friends have told me to wax over them. i haven't had any issues with hazing or discoloration.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Holly crap, I just bought a hot white GT with those G8 stripes. They were off the evening I got home. I now see why this was the only GT on the lot. I think that the stripes scared away most of the more conservative buyers(my opinion only). The last car that I owned with stripes was my 68 Z28. Thank goodness I found this post, I was going nuts trying to find any info on them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Those stripes rock! I think they look great!
Did you buy them from a dealer?

does any one have any picks of pinstripes? that me another item that mugh look cool as opposed to the stripes?
just my .02 :driving:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well.
I got stripes and my car was the last car in the dealer too.
I've had my car for the past 3 months, and I haven't had a problem with them at all.
And I love when people look over at my car and are like wow..

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the G8 stripe package as shown in post #1. White car with flat black package. I not only removed the stripes but also all emblems. I had a '68' Z28, maroon with white stripes that were painted on the car which I liked very much. Some vehicles look good with stripes, some, not so much. Just my 2 cents.

·
Swollen Member
194 Posts
I had the G8 stripe package as shown in post #1. White car with flat black package. I not only removed the stripes but also all emblems. I had a '68' Z28, maroon with white stripes that were painted on the car which I liked very much. Some vehicles look good with stripes, some, not so much. Just my 2 cents.
so i suppose you'll tell us the same thing in may?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry about the duplication, don't post much. I very well could post again in May if you ask nice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I did them I would just do the hood and rear decklid/spoiler. I think they are OK but would spend my money on something else. JMHO

81 - 100 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.