Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I recently dropped the G8 off at Livernois for some more goodies to be added. This year...........2300 Maggie, 60lbs Injectors, 3-BAR MAP, 160 degree T-stat, 8.5mm MSD plug wires, KB BAP and dyno tune. The car already had Livernois' "Mini Stroker" with a 1c cam, which made a NA 447rwph and 439rwhp.

I picked the car up today and all I can say is that I'm not disappointed. The dyno numbers were a little lower than we anticipated but she still made........558rwph and 497rwtq. (We were expecting 570-580rwhp.) The biggest issue was that we were only able to get 7lbs of boost with the 3.0 pulley due to the larger displacement of the "mini stroker." Also, my Kook's mid length headers didn't "help" me any either. A pretty conservative tune was done to ensure that all "vitals" are well with in safe operating ranges.

My goal was not to make a monster "track" car due to the fact that I only go to the track twice a year. (Although, I'm sure the track numbers will still be pretty good!) My goal was to make a "street" car that is a beast and a blast to drive every day (hence the 1c cam).

Livernois made one of those fancy dyno videos they make and I'll be sure to post it when its done.

Attached is the dyno graph..............sorry for the bad quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice. I thought of going to Livernois but I live in Ohio. Go Bucks:ftw:

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Where can I get some of the seeds for one of those money trees some of you guys seem to have growing in your back yards? ;)

Congrats the car sounds bad ass.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where can I get some of the seeds for one of those money trees some of you guys seem to have growing in your back yards? ;)

Congrats the car sounds bad ass.
Thanks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. I thought of going to Livernois but I live in Ohio. Go Bucks:ftw:
At least Im sure we both have the same feelings about that school in Ann Arbor! GO GREEN!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Awesome u took it in stride, But seriously How did Livernois take care of u? I am curious to your satisfaction with the work done? IE how long it took work to get done.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome u took it in stride, But seriously How did Livernois take care of u? I am curious to your satisfaction with the work done? IE how long it took work to get done.

PM'd

·
Registered
295 Posts
What exactly is a "mini" stroke?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Congrats... no offense but you could have saved the money from the Maggie and done a real 400+ci stroker the first time and made the same power. At least you can overdrive the rear pulleys when you have a fuel system ready (prob just need a ZL-1 pump) for a bit more power, about 4lbs worth that should get closer to 600. Maybe drop down to a 2.9 pulley up front as well.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats... no offense but you could have saved the money from the Maggie and done a real 400+ci stroker the first time and made the same power. At least you can overdrive the rear pulleys when you have a fuel system ready (prob just need a ZL-1 pump) for a bit more power, about 4lbs worth that should get closer to 600. Maybe drop down to a 2.9 pulley up front as well.
Although I see your point, that's not entirely true. I got outstanding/unbelievable deals on the Maggie and the mini stroker build for various reasons that I wont elaborate on. A year and half ago, I wasn't offered the same deal on a 400plus cubic inch motor. On top of that, I was looking to build a car with excellent street manors and great power......although I'm sure there are some tame 404ci motors out there, I doubt they drive like my current set up. Lastly, I've wanted a super charger since I was 16 years old when I first started following performance cars. I'm now 34 years old and I'm finally able to make it happen......so I did. I wasn't just chasing the horse power numbers when I made the choices I made.

Don't get me wrong, I see you point............but I didn't pay anywhere near the "going price" for either build..........trust me!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sometimes the whole story, must remain a mystery.

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

If you have a whole bunch of time then its no issue.... :)..... lol....

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I am excited to see you get it back!!! Enjoy it!!!!

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
I could probably settle for 550 at the wheels. haha. Pretty nice setup you have there MSU. You have any plans to upgrade to long tubes or are you staying with the mid lengths for ground clearance and what not?

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice build, I also got mine done at Livernois. I'm not super happy about having the locked tune, but they did a great job none the less. I'm in Ohio, so to re flash it to stock I have to drive it up there, which is a pain, but at least i'll be able to do future mods and tune it with HP tuners that way.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts