Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace the suspension on my '09 G8 GT, and I'm curious what your opinions are on which struts to use. The coils on mine are getting bad, and since GM doesn't have and full strut assemblies I was considering buying aftermarket. I'm looking for the stock ride height and something simar to, but a little sportier than the FE2s. What would you suggest, or should I sing buy the FE2 struts and coils?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I’ve had Konis for 6 yrs now. Has been great with stock springs and Pedders springs.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
IMO the factory Fe2s sucked from day 1 and not befitting a hi-performance sport sedan so I went with PPVs at 25k miles. So they have the G8 handling tied down yet ride well enough to be my touring ride. Now everything else on my suspension is stock (except for the poly top strut bushings) and I am on 18 inch wheels. Keep in mind that the G8's ride comfort seems sensitive to any tweeks to the suspension/tires so any other bushing upgrades or larger rims may/can impact the ride comfort (reading about other's experiences on these forums). I'm pretty convinced that my next set of tires will be Grand Touring to fine tune the ride (current tires are Michelin Pilot AS/3s with a 1/32 left before I replace them)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.