Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the stupid little brake hardware clips on the front brakes are warped(previous owner f'ed them up), they sometimes hit the rotors...I've bent them back a few times but they're getting flimsy...NO ONE sells these damn clips(it sucks because the pads have plenty of life left). I can get GM Durastop's through work for a decent price(Chevy Service Writer), they come with the hardware clips but eh, they're "ok" brake pads. Do any other pads come with the clips(something I can get tomorrow through Napa or something) that might be better than the GM pads? I HATE that brake noise, sounds like a white trash 'mobile lol

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
If this is referring to those steel spring friction clips (that hold the pads tight in the caliper), they sell a brake hardware kit that contains 4 clips and 4 new rubber boots for the sliding guide pins for about $8 at Autozone. Or the clips themselves for about $6. Other parts stores might have the same stuff also.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told me they can't get it even though it's on their site...maybe I talked to an idiot? lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might just buy brake pads anyway, any suggestions for pads that come with the clips?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I think you talked to an idiot. You should be able to get them anywhere for under ten bucks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, a few other places can get them, called around just now, takes a few days though :-(

·
BigCasnio
525 Posts
I just tried to order the clips from auto zone shipped to my door (ship to store wasn't an option), and upon checkout it declines the purchase for some unknown reason. I didn't go to the store, but I did find some on ebay from an autoparts dealer. Don't recall what company, but they were like $12 shipped, clips and rubber boots. We'll see how they work.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
When I did my brakes, i ordered the hardware kits, with the clips and slider pin seals for about $8 and axle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts