Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tick Performance has G8 subframe connectors for $229. That is an unbelievable price for them. I already purchased and installed mine. Less than hour to install in your driveway. Great mod. Get them while you can.

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Agree and which color did you purchase?

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
382 Posts
One of the best kept secrets out there. I bought mine a year or so ago. Tick has the best price, even cheaper than getting it from BMR directly.

Worthwhile mod too. Mine definitely made a difference in my G8.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased mine in black. I ran across this great deal and had to pass it on to all that are thinking about doing it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
These were a great addition to my car as well. They made a noticeable improvement in handling.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Does the tunnel brace part give any extra clearance to the exhaust?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
1/4 inch

·
every village has one
2,334 Posts
any effect on ground clearance?

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
382 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep in mind the Bmr tunnel brace is another part all together. You can reuse the stock piece. You just have to cut it down.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Exhaust shop lost mine...

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Are they in the process of replacing the lost tunnel brace?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
They will reimburse me when I find another one.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Yep

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Cross Bar 23190019 Suspension Stabilizer Bar Bracket Bolt 11588738 cross bar bolt

·
Registered
126 Posts
Deal still works, just bought a set for myself. Didn't realize these cars even had a center tunnel brace until a few weeks ago. Previous owner must have removed it when they installed the exhaust. Picked up a scratch and dent brace from BMR and it looks perfect.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Hey 1awsmg8. Do you have rear subframe inserts too?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I ordered a set of the subframe connectors too. I'm not a huge fan of BMR's tunnel brace though. It might be entirely sufficient for the situation, but two bent tabs welded to the ends of a tube, isn't the greatest for fatigue life. The tabs will want to bend right at the welds. Welds are more brittle than parent material. If the tube were to continue past the bolt location, and the bent tabs were cut to go around the tube, kind of like a saddle, it would be stiffer and have a much longer fatigue life.

I might ditch those socket cap screws. If they are 12.9 grade (common for socket head screws), they are great for strength, but the material is susceptible to hydrogen embrittlement and heads popping off.

I like Spohn's brace better because it doesn't have any welds, but I think it might be too long to fit with the subframe connectors. Or maybe the Halo brace. It looks to be about the cheapest to build, if it weren't for the cosmetic touches, but is more than the BMR. There's also an aluminum one I found on eBay. Not sure about that one, not a lot of specs on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes sir I have the rear subframe inserts. Full poly on all joints except for rear differential.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts