Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Will subframe connectors and complete bushing kit be a great start to getting the car to stiffen up and reduce body roll? Or will sway bars need to be added as well?

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Yes, subframe connectors and bushings are good place place to start. Paired with adjustable stabilizer bars and end links will help to further "plant" the G8.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, subframe connectors and bushings are good place place to start. Paired with adjustable stabilizer bars and end links will help to further "plant" the G8.
Good deal, ordered.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Pony Man is spot on. The subframe bushings are definitely worth the effort. The stock bushings allow for a lot of play.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pony Man is spot on. The subframe bushings are definitely worth the effort. The stock bushings allow for a lot of play.
Good deal, I'm going to go ahead and do all of that when I install my new Brembo's. I want the car to feel tighter in corners now that I have all the new power.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
For 1ausmg8. I had my Camaro diff installed in my old G8 with poly bushings and they transmitted too much to the car. Before. I install in this Car I’m going to install original mounts but fill the voids with firmer windshield polyurethane it will limit the movement but the still absorb vibration.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's a nice Husky you have there Drew.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Thanks, she’s a real character

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Heads up on the BMR parts. While advertised as coated, the material is not robust. I have various rust spots from chips. No different than rattle can paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Filling the voids in the differential bushings sounds like a good alternative to ploy bushings.
I would like to hear from you after you have done this mod.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Filling the voids in the differential bushings sounds like a good alternative to ploy bushings.
I would like to hear from you after you have done this mod.
I've done this on several makes and models for customers for a few years. No complaints. Makes a noticeable difference, but not so stiff as to transmit sound or vibration.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Heads up on the BMR parts. While advertised as coated, the material is not robust. I have various rust spots from chips. No different than rattle can paint.
I would vehemently disagree. Powdercoat is incrementally Stronger than any Paint you can spray on.

As you say you have Chips in the PC, it's steel underneath and will rust if exposed to harsh elements especially what you have in the Northeast

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
382 Posts
I gotta agree with BMR. I've had my red subframe connectors for a while and they still look like new and they look way better than any rattle can job I've ever seen. If I would change anything, it would be the allen head bolts which look great new but corrode fairly fast.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I sure hope my car is never greasy side up to see it anyways. 🤔🤦

Reactions: Ramblerman

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Garaged Oct to May, never seen snow/salt or dirt roads. Usually powder coat thicker than paint. This does not appear thicker. Perhaps manufacturing anomaly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
382 Posts
Wow...perhaps. Mine still look like new. Nice and shiny. Mine is stored the same months as yours. Granted, I am pretty anal about keeping this car clean but still...

Reactions: Barry09GT
21 - 37 of 37 Posts