Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done fitting a pair of Rockford fosgate P2D2 8" in the deck tonight.Had to take out a little metal in order to fit. Tomorrow i'm going to mount the amp and wiring. I also fabbed up some boxes for the bottom just in case i need them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
yeah your going to need those boxes.

I put some rather powerful 8s in the rear deck along with 1200 watts and it didn't sound like anything.

free air subs and 8" don't go together very well. the ones that sound "ok" have very light weight cones with high QTS, I doubt the RF will work well Free air.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Take them out of the deck, I did that same thing with a pair of Hertz ES200 8"s.
couldn't hear any bass, just "deck flex".
And I sound deadened top and bottom.

Use the box and have it tuned (if ported)
I'm running a ported box tuned to 34 hz and two Hertz ES250 10"s with a 5 channel only pushing 350x1 @ 2 ohms it hitting 131.5 db.
Not bad.
You'll hate yourself in the deck. Trust me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im going to go ahead with it anyway since i took the time to fab the box that will go under them. It's not ported and i want to see what kind of response i get. Im looking for mid bass with these since a set of boxed 12's will be in the trunk. Space is not an issue since all i ever put in there is a hard hat, boots and umbrella .When i do that, infiniti's will go in the doors and center.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
LOL sub'd as well. I dropped 2 x 8" 2ohm kickers in my rear deck a few weeks back. It does sound better than stock but agree with others that truely good bass will only come from yanking them out then going with a box in the trunk. Still, I love seeing what everyone is doing. Good luck brotha.

·
Texas state of mind...
1,139 Posts

·
Texas state of mind...
1,139 Posts
Im going to go ahead with it anyway since i took the time to fab the box that will go under them. It's not ported and i want to see what kind of response i get. Im looking for mid bass with these since a set of boxed 12's will be in the trunk. Space is not an issue since all i ever put in there is a hard hat, boots and umbrella .When i do that, infiniti's will go in the doors and center.

If you have 12's in the trunk, midbass shouldn't come from the rear. Even with the stock door speakers, 50 bucks of door deadening/sealing will do wonders for your midbass. Take the 8" out of the deck, let the sound vent into the cabin from the trunk. Ask 768MPH what properly treating the doors can do for you! It's cheap, it's effective, it's the right thing to do if you are truly after solid midbass.

You don't need the center speaker either. It detracts from proper stereo imaging since the center speaker is not a true "center channel".

What alot of people think they are looking for is more bass....what they don't know they need, is more midbass.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If you have 12's in the trunk, midbass shouldn't come from the rear. Even with the stock door speakers, 50 bucks of door deadening/sealing will do wonders for your midbass. Take the 8" out of the deck, let the sound vent into the cabin from the trunk. Ask 768MPH what properly treating the doors can do for you! It's cheap, it's effective, it's the right thing to do if you are truly after solid midbass.

You don't need the center speaker either. It detracts from proper stereo imaging since the center speaker is not a true "center channel".

What alot of people think they are looking for is more bass....what they don't know they need, is more midbass.
Therapture speaks the truth and is THE reason I deadened my doors. I too, was going to do 8"s for some mid bass but no longer have any inkling to do so after sound deadening my doors.

Just our .02 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I treated the doors and deck,BIG difference up front. The 8's are doing what i want them to do, more mid bass. I had no intention for these to go low range at all. I still have not installed the box"no time lately" and might have to retune the amp afterwards. Either 10's or 12's will go in the trunk in the near future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.