Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
One fast 4 door
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have DBA 4000 rotors front ac/delco premiums usa made rears. both had ebc redstuff. The redstuff stops you consistently under any condition. but for me and my rotor combo they only laster 10,000 miles /6 months. I am down to 40%. Since the 1st set died early also on old rotors, when I did them in aug I put the new rotors on. Now I am done with these, they also dust worse then any brake ever!
I am cutting and keeping the rotors, the rears got new stock ceramic brakes(Centric), hwever I want something more then stock but less then redstuff up front. Probably ceramic.....can you mix and match ceramic rear with semi-metallic fronts? Any suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Your proportioning valve is setup based upon equivalent friction, front and rear. If you mix like this, you can expect lockups at one end or the other and, overall, less than optimum braking.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I second that, same brand/material pads front and in the rear. I have Stop Tech Streets. Smooth like stock with light pedal. Stomp on them and they bite hard. They also produce dust. For me it's worth the stopping power.
I have to wash my wheels between car washes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts