Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
So, I’ve done little upgrades here and there on the car and would like to know what you all feel would be the next cost/performance effective modification I can do with the least amount of down time on the car. Here’s a quick mod list of everything I’ve done since day one on the car. I’ll also include a pic as well.

ok
2008 G8 GT
Drivetrain Mods:
Older BTR Stage 2 cam kit ( 612/585 Lift)-(225/[email protected])-113 lsa
LS7 lifters
stock head (5364 casting number) milled .030
CTS-V converter
Roto Fab Intake
NGK TR6 Plugs .035 gap
MSD 8.5mm Wires
1 3/4 Headers
3” X-Force Exhaust
Camaro Deep Pan
Derale Trans Coolder w/fan
3.45 gears
Apex arc 8’s 18x8.5 (front) 38mm/ 18x9.5 (rear) 58mm
Nitto 555 g2’s (front)-245/45/18/ Nitto 555 R2’s rear-285/40/18

Suspension mods:
BMR trailing arms
BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars
H&R Coilovers
Whiteline End Links
Super Pro Radius & Lower Control Arms
Brembos (Front & Rear)
Chevy SS rotors

Shane Hinds copy & paste tune.
‘It wasn’t directly for my car, my buddy got him to tune his car, and since we had a close mod list, he copied and pasted into my car.

it runs ok
Dyno Jet on a not so cool day (mid 80’s)
car made 410hp/ 363 or 368 torque?

Is that pretty much it with this set-up, Thank you all for your help.
‘Take Care

Attachments

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
LSA / Magnuson intake, injectors, heat exchanger.
All bolt ons. Then get it tuned and brace for tire bill.

Reactions: SinisterGN

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have thought about it and I was sitting on 7k a few days ago. (not that 7k would get me a complete setup and tune) but I decided it was smarter to pay off my daily. So now my budget is only around 3k.
I guess I should ask, what can I do for 3k on the car?
I‘m hearing nothing locally, but I feel this board is more in tune with these cars than the guys locally, so this is why I brought my question here. Thanks for your response

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
If you are looking for power and boost is out of the budget you could go with a nitrous kit of your choosing.

A set of ported heads or aftermarket heads would gain some power with your current mod list, but dollar for dollar its hard to beat the boost or nitrous route for adding power.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I'm not knowledgeable on Nitrous at all. So i'll probably pass on that. I did see stroker kits for like $2200.00, I had the idea of doing a stroker kit without boring the block, I believe it's a 402cubic inch, and I thought accompany that with a fast intake. I could be way off base, I just looked at the prices of both and that would put me around the 3-3,500 mark. And with the extra displacement, I had the idea it would take my 410hp/363 Torque closer to the 460-480 mark in HP, and Low 4's on the torque. If I'm completely wrong please say so. I come from DSM's and old skool muscle. So are far as LS is concerned, lets just say I have a lot to learn and understand.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Did you install the Holden AC bracket to keep the AC belt from jumping off the pulleys?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
OP, consider paying the consulting fee for PatG, Matt Gower ([email protected]) or perhaps Rick Crawford. These folks have built many LS engines and would be able to fit your budget to your goal/, setting realistic expectations - much more so that free information from forums or facebook. Last thing you want is to drop $3K and labor and not getting expected results.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OP, consider paying the consulting fee for PatG, Matt Gower ([email protected]) or perhaps Rick Crawford. These folks have built many LS engines and would be able to fit your budget to your goal/, setting realistic expectations - much more so that free information from forums or facebook. Last thing you want is to drop $3K and labor and not getting expected results.
Agreed
ill contact them
I thank you

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
4 Posts
Ok. I'm not knowledgeable on Nitrous at all. So i'll probably pass on that. I did see stroker kits for like $2200.00, I had the idea of doing a stroker kit without boring the block, I believe it's a 402cubic inch, and I thought accompany that with a fast intake. I could be way off base, I just looked at the prices of both and that would put me around the 3-3,500 mark. And with the extra displacement, I had the idea it would take my 410hp/363 Torque closer to the 460-480 mark in HP, and Low 4's on the torque. If I'm completely wrong please say so. I come from DSM's and old skool muscle. So are far as LS is concerned, lets just say I have a lot to learn and understand.
My G8 has the Manley 402 stroker kit. It's not a crazy power add, mine dyno'd at 445 wheel but it sure is reliable. It's racked up 85k since the build (173k total) and it runs like a top. Smiles per gallon.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
No such thing as a cost effective mod 😆

·
Registered
258 Posts
Stroker since you mentioned it, ported rod modded intake, a true tune, 3200 rpm stall converter

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve been looking at these two kits and was hoping if I can get some insight from anyone who’s running them or has run them in the past.
Ease of installation
Durability
Longevity
Etc
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hands down if you can do it get the LSA

Reactions: 383_Stroker

·
Registered
187 Posts
If your into drag racing a good torque converter is the most effective mod.

With a good tune and the right converter your street drivability isn't effected.

You should gain 4-5 tenths in the quarter for roughly $1K which makes it the most cost effective mod next to nitrous.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Between those two supercharger kits, go LSA. Can't beat the fit and OEM design quality of the LSA.

Reactions: MGMGXP

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
+1 for the LSA
Add fuel pump (ZL1 or CTSV) and ZL1 convertor

Reactions: MGMGXP

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you're going to SC the car and do it right expect to spend at least 7-8k on a LSA setup including a fuel system and tuning. If you plan to run flex/E85 then I'd just go ahead and get a fore system too. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey SinisterGN - well, I think the mods, stance, wheels - everything on your list appears top notch and well done to me. I know your question was regarding performance modifications, but have you thought about the interior by chance? Maybe a padded center armrest, matching leather and alcantara steering wheel cover, softer leather and new foam for the front seats? Not sure if all that could be done for $3K, but with all the nice performance mods you have perhaps a bit more comfort could be your next mod...:)
Lastly, really like the APEX wheels - offset looks spot on!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts