Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after recently purchasing the 8, I noticed that they had winter/snow tires on it. I have been looking to buy a set of summer tires, but hit a roadblock. The previous owner put 17" wheels on it! SMH. I though they looked good when I was buying, but didn't realize how much smaller they were compared to the stock wheels. I don't have money to buy all new wheels and tires right now (wish I did - HSV replicas are awesome!) but need these winter tires gone asap.

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to find a summer performance tire in a size that fits these smaller wheels. The current size is 235/55/17. I'm horrible with tire sizes and what fits, but after some research I think I understand the basics. I wanted to go with the Hankook R-S3's as a cost/performance value but I think the sizes offered would give me far to short of a sidewall. Am I sh*t out of luck for a performance summer tire?

·
Registered
371 Posts
You may be able to find some stock wheels with some tires and a bit of tread left if you are lucky. I've seen some for 800 with wheels and tires.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.