Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I already have super 10s in place of the stock cans and deleted my mid muffler/big @$$ resonator about two weeks ago. Honestly yes it drones but I really don't care and it doesn't bother me, specially when people compliment on the way it sounds. It's definitely unique and I love it. I know solo puts out cats for the v8 but will they fit the v6 as well. I'm not very mechanically inclined but if I were to get the cats would the o2 sensor have to be rewelded into my exhaust. Also does the actual placement of the O2 sensor really matter if it's close or around the stock placement? I also wanna do headers so I'm not sure if the solos will link up to them. Some guidance would be great.

Exhaust with super 10s and res delete

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
The tune is out i have it in my v6 and its awesome. Look for Overkill he has the tune or pm me and i can help u with it.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
I has super 10s with my cam setup with cat delete.. LOUD, but raspy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you guys use the hp tuners program? Which one did you get? I just do t wanna screw my **** up too bad if I do it myself.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Yes it was HP tuner done by Overkill. Its a whole new tune for engine and trans .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it pretty easy to use? And could you possibly email me the tune settings when I get the kit from hptuners.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
I wish i could you have to get a hold of Overkill (Will) he has all the numbers i dont have them but when you talk to him mention you were talking to me .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright will do. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey do you have any videos of your car after the tune?

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Yes check out my youtube channel user name--lester84167 and the 2 recent ones are titled "fun run in my pontiac g8 v6". Im going to do a full throttle video soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha I want it for sure man. I now gotta convince the wife haha. It just put a smile on my face hearing the peel out on dry pavement.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Yes that was dry pavement and no dust. She lights up good now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts