Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
What would cause that? Then I could fix that. Top plate is clocked wrong?
Yes. Improperly seated. Could be other reasons as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This thread is worthless... Just take the struts off again and double check everything. Happens to the best of us.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
This thread is worthless... Just take the struts off again and double check everything. Happens to the best of us.
Seems the original poster is merely trying to figure out what to look for and any other possibilities. He can double check everything, but if the problem isn't obvious, still might not know where the issue lies. Agree.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
One thing is for sure. The owner has to get his hands dirty.

Reactions: GXP25

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks. I was trying to avoid doing the whole job again and just identify which of the 2 is off. Looks like we have after the replies I have read and I have something to try.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
286 Posts
Unfortunately yeah, I would take the struts back out and inspect it all,☹.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Funny my car was the same but opposite. Drivers side sitting high. Went to install same sttut mounts and found that my spring was broken / damaged way in the back where you can barely see it. Wont know the extent until it is removed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
If you do not move the camber bolt then no alignment necessary? Just make sure when assembling the camber bolt touches the strut and tighten the strut bolts.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
If the alignment was fine before it will be the same after the strut installation and no need to tinker with the camber bolts. Merely made the post for future reference as a wheel alignment won't remedy the issue you're experiencing. Some recommend re-alignment whenever any suspension component is changed or altered, however don't necessarily agree with the sentiments.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I know the wheel alignment will not remedy the position of the strut. All I'm saying if you are just replacing strut mount bushings and and do not move the camber bolt then no need for alignment. Just make sure the camber bolt is touching the strut when tightening the strut bolts down.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
Yes to the no need for alignment statement. Thinking yes to the strut camber bolt as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My entire car is coated in fluid film to prevent rust. I'm in Western NY where salt would eat it. That looks worse than it is. Fluid film stays wet and attracts dirt particles.
No way I'm dealing with rust as it a daily driver.
What town? I'm originally from Wellsville.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
If you swap new mounts and they correct the ride height then the specs have changed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed the super pro SPF-1590AK strut mount bushings.
The issue is that the passenger side is 1/4" higher than the driver side measuring from the center of the wheel to the fender lip.
Not sure which reading should be right.
Passenger side is 15 1/2"
Driver side 15 1/4"

These are stock springs and shocks by the way.
The struts are clocked correctly with the notch facing the engine.
The spring is seated correctly.
I also made sure to tighten the bolts of the sway bar links with the weight of the car on the wheels.

Is there anything else I have over looked?
For more information on Coil Springs please visit the website here jeepequipment.com/best-coil-springs-for-jeep-review/
Thanks
Hey man, sorry to hear you’re having issues. This is disappointing to hear as I have a set of Superpro camber adjusting strut mounts ready to go in early this spring along with KW V2's and new OEM bearings.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts