Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good shop in the Dallas area that can repair Magnuson Superchargers? My Heartbeat, so I'm being told may have a bad bearing and/or front coupler. Looking to find someone local. Magnuson suggested sending it to Superchargers Online in California.

I'd prefer not to ship it across the country if I could find someone local that maybe someone on this board has used and can recommend.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Too bad you had to Butcher the cowl to make it fit. I’ve only seen rebuilders is CA or IA.

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too bad you had to Butcher the cowl to make it fit. I’ve only seen rebuilders is CA or IA.
That's apart because of some other things I'm doing, it'll go back after I make a decision to fix the supercharger. Just leaving it disassembled for now. I wanted flexible access to add my oil pressure gauge and to re-route some wiring. The Heartbeat Supercharger fits nice without any clearance issues.

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's apart because of some other things I'm doing, it'll go back after I make a decision to fix the supercharger. Just leaving it disassembled for now. I wanted flexible access to add my oil pressure gauge and to re-route some wiring. The Heartbeat Supercharger fits nice without any clearance issues.
I also changed the cabin filter too while I have it all disassembled.

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
Inquired with another member and hopefully they'll chime in on the thread. Unfortunately, many of the individuals that may know if a local repair facility exist are no longer active on the forum. Best of fortune in the search.

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Before & after video of Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger rebuild. Supercharger rebuild performed by Superchargers Online (SCOL) in Calif. This was basically a total rebuild. It was believed that most of the noise before the rebuild was coming from the Eaton rotor pack. A new improved 3 pin coupler was also installed along with a cartridge drive assembly.

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
Great things worked out with the company in California? Hopefully, the improved three pin coupler will prevent the issue in the future. About how long was the turnaround time?

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was four long months. Not their fault, as they had to wait on Magnuson to manufacture the cartridge drive gear assembly. As soon as they got the part, they put everything together in a day or two.

They're Magnuson's perferred vendor for repairs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts