Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Grease Monkey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any super chargers, turbo, or procharger kits for V6 G8s?
I was looking around online I saw some for the v8s but none for the v6

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Ah, another "don't bother and buy a V8" reply. The plague has reached the US too...

The next step is probably to remove the V6 section from this forum :)
He's correct on the money issue, it's doable, just be prepared to spend a lot.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Pricing that Vortech kit, you're looking at $5600 US for the kit to get to 430 hp, that's not including shipping, tuning, possibly a fuel pump or anything else you might need. I don't know anyone in the states that could do the tuning for you.

It would be cool to do something different but it's most likely gonna cost you.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No need to sell your v6 just buy a lq9 stroker

·
Grease Monkey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At GT is what I wanted at first but for the price they're going for around here I couldn't find a decent one
And I basically stole the V6

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
If your willing to turn a wrench it will be cheaper and faster to think outside the box and swap a 5.3 into it and slap an ebay turbo on it. You can even make some money back selling your V6. Your going to spend a lot more trying to make a V6 faster and still be disappointed at the end. I took out my engine and sold it and swapped in a 5.3L in my GT, I didn't expect it to last long but here I am over a year later still beating the crap out of it. Costs about $3000 under the hood to run [email protected] 140+. Hard to beat that bang for the buck!

5.3L out of a 2005 truck was $525 shipped complete intake to oilpan
On3 88mm turbo was $525 shipped
Holley EFI with plug and play engine harness and injectors was about $1500
Used turbo cam, valve springs, and headgaskets about $400
The rest was beer fueled ideas that ended up working!

For cheap fuelling a Walbro 267 will hold ya up to about 750hp and only costs $180.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If your willing to turn a wrench it will be cheaper and faster to think outside the box and swap a 5.3 into it and slap an ebay turbo on it. You can even make some money back selling your V6. Your going to spend a lot more trying to make a V6 faster and still be disappointed at the end. I took out my engine and sold it and swapped in a 5.3L in my GT, I didn't expect it to last long but here I am over a year later still beating the crap out of it. Costs about $3000 under the hood to run [email protected] 140+. Hard to beat that bang for the buck!

5.3L out of a 2005 truck was $525 shipped complete intake to oilpan
On3 88mm turbo was $525 shipped
Holley EFI with plug and play engine harness and injectors was about $1500
Used turbo cam, valve springs, and headgaskets about $400
The rest was beer fueled ideas that ended up working!

For cheap fuelling a Walbro 267 will hold ya up to about 750hp and only costs $180.
Did you use the entire on3 setup, or just turbo? They're just up the road from me and I plan to utilize them for my build.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Did you use the entire on3 setup, or just turbo? They're just up the road from me and I plan to utilize them for my build.
Just the turbo, wasn't aware they had a kit that would fit. Mine is just a simple flipped stock manifold, crossover pipe and flange.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just the turbo, wasn't aware they had a kit that would fit. Mine is just a simple flipped stock manifold, crossover pipe and flange.
I don't know that they do, just curious what you utilized.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you want to mod your V6 talk to these guys
Revhigh

I own a LSA V8 and a Supercharged V6 Alloytec. The LSA is a lot more fun but for a daily I prefer the V6, much better on fuel and handles like stock below 2,500 RPM. Going down the tried and tested V8 path is obvious, however just because everyone else does it doesn't mean you have to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts