Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CAI Tunes are now available! Scott stated that the 93 dyno runs were on a warmer day which explains the lower numbers for the 93 runs.

AFE 93 octane

AFE 91 octane

RotoFab 93 octane

Rotofab 91 octane

Volant 93 octane

Volant 91 octane

K&N 93 octane

K&N 91 octane

Vararam 93 octane:

Vararam 91 octane:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
88 Posts
CAI Tunes are now available! Scott stated that the 93 dyno runs were on a warmer day which explains the lower numbers for the 93 runs.
++++++++++

Shawn - Thanks very much for your support of this topic! I appreciate the level headed approach you've used in dealing with those among us who got impatient for these updates. You've kept us informed and educated. I appreciate your help!

Scott - This round of tuning is fantastic! Thanks again for keeping the G8 up-to-date. I know we have a limited market vehicle and you could write us off. We're thrilled when we get new improvements. Please pass along our thanks to your fellow staff members! :):):)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Solid work, thank you. Have my Roto-fab Intake, Cortex Tuner , and exhaust being sent to the house today. Can't wait to play... take it easy and be safe brother.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
There are check boxes for the various tunes at the bottom of the updating program window. Select the tune you want and click the download button.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Has anyone else dyno'd with the CAI tunes? I'm just curious how a vehicle other than superchip's test vehicle will perform since the tune won't be quite as tailored to it.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone else dyno'd with the CAI tunes? I'm just curious how a vehicle other than superchip's test vehicle will perform since the tune won't be quite as tailored to it.
Besides my runs? I saw a 22.4 whp gain (tune only) from stock with Rotofab to Rotofab93 tune and Rotofab.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think there is some more that can be squeezed out of the cortex but i have a feeling superchips is being concervative. When mine was dyno tuned, it went from 299 rwhp to 337 rwp and 347 tq

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think there is some more that can be squeezed out of the cortex but i have a feeling superchips is being concervative. When mine was dyno tuned, it went from 299 rwhp to 337 rwp and 347 tq
Yes, a Dyno tune will typically get you more HP/TQ than a canned tune. When you provide, what I call a "blanket" tune, for thousands of cars, it needs to be a little conservative to be safe for all of the vehicles involved IMO.

I never got a chance to dyno my car stock, but I did dyno compare the stock tune with Rotofab CAI installed to the SC Rotofab93 performance tune with Rotofab CAI installed, and saw a 22.4rwhp gain. Others have gained 10-15rwhp with the Rotofab CAI alone, so using those numbers, I believe the SC tune is within 5-10rwhp of the typical dyno tune. Plus SC is the only tuner to provide a 2 year powertrain warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
Screw991le
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing