Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
The unit seemed to update somehow...at least it took a few minutes to do something when I hooked it up to the computer. Do I need to connect it to the car to make sure the car is updated?

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The updating program will tell you it's updated when you connect to your PC.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It actually did a self updating process when I connected it. The question is whether or not I need to connect it to my car now. If the tuner is updated do I need to update the car also?

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you connect the tuner to your car it will tell you what version is loaded. If it's a lower number than the one that you saw when you updated it on your PC, then load it into the car. If it's the same version then there's no need to retune your car.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
It actually did a self updating process when I connected it. The question is whether or not I need to connect it to my car now. If the tuner is updated do I need to update the car also?
Yes, if you update your Cortex, you need to connect to the car to update the tune on the car.

Although there really isn't a newer tune than you probably have now. Most updates are new GM models/makes being added to the memory.

·
yes it is.
899 Posts
what is the latest version now? mine says V2.08

edit: i mean 137 as well.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Greetings,
I am running Superchips Cortex 2950 - desktop software version 2.0.0.67 and i have version 1.4 on the tuner itself.
The vehicle being tuned is a 09 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L
I connected the tuner to the OBDII and saved stock tune to handheld.
Next I chose quick tune and selected the 91 octane tune. Both PCM & TCM were updated via handheld.
The issue is that my vehicle has CAI tune. When I connect the tuner after it tuned my vehicle to update via interent - my updates area is not showing addition items besides the 3 (advanced data acq, go-2 tuning & tuner unlock).
How do i get the SC Easy Updater software to show the addition CAI tunes (ex. Rotofab) so that I can add to cart and purchase to then put onto handheld tuner? My window was maximized and i attempted to scroll up/down etc. I am running 1680x1050 screen resolution and I restarted my PC and re-plugged the programmer and no new items are available to add to the shopping cart?
Please advise,
Greg

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Greetings,
I am running Superchips Cortex 2950 - desktop software version 2.0.0.67 and i have version 1.4 on the tuner itself.
The vehicle being tuned is a 09 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L
I connected the tuner to the OBDII and saved stock tune to handheld.
Next I chose quick tune and selected the 91 octane tune. Both PCM & TCM were updated via handheld.
The issue is that my vehicle has CAI tune. When I connect the tuner after it tuned my vehicle to update via interent - my updates area is not showing addition items besides the 3 (advanced data acq, go-2 tuning & tuner unlock).
How do i get the SC Easy Updater software to show the addition CAI tunes (ex. Rotofab) so that I can add to cart and purchase to then put onto handheld tuner? My window was maximized and i attempted to scroll up/down etc. I am running 1680x1050 screen resolution and I restarted my PC and re-plugged the programmer and no new items are available to add to the shopping cart?
Please advise,
Greg
I am having the very same problem. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
If you guys bought the superchips programmer new, why not give Superchips support a call. You will need to have your tuner serial number handy, sometimes I've heard that on the 'back end' they can reset your serial number in their system so that you are once again presented with the option to purchase & download custom CAI tunes that they provide for a few bucks each. You can only have 1 custom CAI tune on the programmer at any one time, by the way.

Hope this helps.

--zep

21 - 29 of 29 Posts