Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of LCA's from Superpro performance after the bushing on my stock ones finally gave out at about 160k on the clock, the old ones were way overdue for replacement, and I've driven on these ones for about 400 miles now, and I gotta say, it feels great, I can noticeably tell the difference in turns, and it just feels better in my opinion, I'm glad I did, and I plan on doing end links and sway bars front and rear next! I don't have any pictures of the new ones installed sadly, but I just wanted to put it out there that these LCA's seem to be a good choice!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Any particular reason(s) for choosing these over the Mevotech lower control arms? Seems like the SuperPro's would be more durable.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Obvious question is why? Seems like alot of trouble and expense
I am already lowered on King Springs. The SuperPro arms lowered the vehicle more than I wanted.

Also, SuperPro should really use Polyelast and not Polyurethane for their control arm bushings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's really no particular reason if I'm honest, I just looked between the two, and decided since I'm going with BMR for the rest of the suspension, and they sell it themselves as well, might as well just get it all from the same source so I only worry about one supplier. Though I've not noticed the lowering aspect just yet, though, the old ones were likely from the factory so that may have a say in the matter.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
There's really no particular reason if I'm honest, I just looked between the two, and decided since I'm going with BMR for the rest of the suspension, and they sell it themselves as well, might as well just get it all from the same source so I only worry about one supplier. Though I've not noticed the lowering aspect just yet, though, the old ones were likely from the factory so that may have a say in the matter.
You didn't need an alignment after installing the SuperPro LCAs?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, car was still straight, I didn't believe it myself so I asked them to put it on the rack, but it was still aligned. Call it luck or by design, but I haven't needed an alignment yet.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Nope, car was still straight, I didn't believe it myself so I asked them to put it on the rack, but it was still aligned. Call it luck or by design, but I haven't needed an alignment yet.
Swapping between used Mevotech arms to new SuperPro back to new Mevotech arms (warrantied the used ones I took off) required an alignment each time (two alignments total).

Serious toe problems that couldn't be ignored; wheels being dragged/crawling instead of rolling, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting to hear, from used stock arms to new SuperPro's I didn't have any issues with alignment, I wonder why the difference between Mevotech and SuperPro.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Perchance the difference in weight and/or other variables between the G8 V6 and G8 GXP... just a wild guess.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Also, SuperPro should really use Polyelast and not Polyurethane for their control arm bushings.
Why?
Polylast is a Polyurethane Polymer - the The Elastomer that is used in the LCA is also a Polymer that gives superior performance that should last longer.

Polyurethane is petroleum based synthetic plastic, which is available in many grades. These range from low quality materials such as those used in industrial applications; through to the Ultra high performance

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Why?
Polylast[sic] is a Polyurethane Polymer - the The Elastomer that is used in the LCA is also a Polymer that gives superior performance that should last longer.

Polyurethane is petroleum based synthetic plastic, which is available in many grades. These range from low quality materials such as those used in industrial applications; through to the Ultra high performance
Polyelast, or even polyelast hybrid, would be better due to its rubber-like feel yet durability of polyurethane. This is why their polyelast strut mounts are superior to the OEM mounts and even their polyurethane mounts due to their durability and OEM comfort.

These SuperPro LCAs are not as comfortable as the OEM arms or MevoTech arms. Making the bushings out of polyelast or even polyelast hybrid would solve that problem. I have polyelast on the strut mounts and engine mounts. Having them (polyelast) in the control arms and diff. bushings would be great. Polyelast hybrid would be better.

Polyelast hybrid: https://polyelast.com.au/product/polyelast-hybrid/

An example of the hybrid design of the differential bushings for the Ford Falcon/Fairlane/Territory:

superpro_hybrid_bush.jpg

SuperPro is pleased to announce the release of the most technologically advanced Differential Bushings ever produced. At last, there is a solution that incorporates all the best properties of SuperPro and that of original bushing, the combination of both solves everything, and will do so forever.
Link: https://superpro.com.au/whats-new/12-superpro-hybrid-bushes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts