Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Sv6 spoiler today from a fellow board member. I always loved the "fast" look it gave the car. Aggressive.

Probably one of the most nerve racking things I have done yet to the car. Taking off the lip spoiler is no fun whatsoever. I ended up for now since I just received it and have not had time to get painted, plasti-dipped it black. My plasti dipping skills need to be worked on too.

Pulling off the lip was horrible. There is no real grace to it. Just wedge something in there, and pull. HARD. I taped off the trunk lid to keep the tool from scratching it. There were 5 bracket/tab things that were holding it on along with the 2 bolts. Only broke 1 1/2 of those. Which from everything I've read about taking that spoiler off, not breaking them is almost impossible. The fun of the double-sided tape was next. That Sh*t does not like to come off easy. Even after being there so long.

After a ton of Goo-Gone she is all ready to install the new spoiler. Used some extra double-sided tape to hold it down along with one bolt on each side. (requires 4 but I wasn't too interested in drilling into the lid today...or at all)

Going to Body shop tomorrow to get bid on filling the holes and buffing just that small portion of the trunk. Plus paint!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I haven't really been a fan of the larger spoiler, but once you get it painted to match it will compliment the car well.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
I like it... I kinda want a ridiculous V8 SuperCars type wing on the car...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Glad you like it! Yeah the stock trunk lip is a serious pain to work with. I broke two clips just reinstalling mine. And I don't even know how.

Post up some pics once it's all painted, I'd love to see the finished product!

·
Registered
554 Posts
If youre going to fill the lip holes, why not just drill more to properly install the spoiler?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to post the final project. And sorry I meant to put that in the first post. I will be drilling the new holes needed. After doing some research it should not be much if a problem.

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
889 Posts
Drilling is not bad at all, the spots are already marked off. Filling the holes is another issue.

·
H-Town Attention Whore
595 Posts
Any chance you can put up some bigger pics???

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Interesting. I'm typically not a huge fan of these either but anxious to see final pics.

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
I really want to do the Senator spoiler switch...

I know someone who did the SV6 spoiler and just used rubber grommets to 'fill' the old holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts