Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Sway link questions

837 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  GXP25 
#1 ·
I have pedders xa with bmr sway bars. I’ve been using moog sway end links. The passenger side bent. So my question is. Should I replace with another moog set or upgrade to white lines or bmrs?

#2 ·
Presume a swaybar upgrade would necessitate an endlink change. While the Moog endlinks are an improvement over stock, it might be time to upgrade to a set designed to accommodate the BMR swaybar. This is purely speculation and others with a similar setup will have to confirm or deny the notion.

#3 ·
WTF did you do to bend that Moog link? You must have hit something pretty hard . It bent and saved something more expensive from being damaged. You will not get any better handling spending more on a set of links.

#4 ·
Lmao. I was driving home from work late at night. It had just stopped raining. I went through a sharp turn with more speed than I should have. I lost the rear a bit and counter steered into a low manhole cover. With that out of the way. You’re saying just replace with another set of moogs, I won’t see any benefit from white lines or bmrs?

#5 ·
The designed to accommodate comment was based on the website stating the stock end-links are weak and can bend or break. Obviously, Moog is not the stock end-link. If they have been satisfactory to date, then would replace both and call it a day.

#8 ·
Stock ones do flex and wear out fast because of the plastic bearing surfaces inside. The Moog have bronze bushings and are grease able so they last longer. The Larger tubing reduces flex. As long as the joints are tight and the centre does not flex, you can’t improve on that.

#10 ·
Thank you all for the feedback. I’ve never had a problem with Moog until I hit the man hole cover. I do tend to drive hard in turns too. But I figured since I toasted this one. Perhaps the white lines or the BMR’s would be better in terms of handling. I certainly don’t expect anything to take the hit I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.