Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I switched my summer wheels and tires with Hankook V12 summer tires to my winter wheels and tires in Nov 2017.

Yesterday I switched back to my Hankook summer tires. I confirmed the direction, torque and air pressure.

I drove the car and it felt quite squirrely. Almost floaty. Especially over rough roads I felt I was constantly making steering corrections to keep it straight. I took the car for wheel alignment and everything seemed within spec.

Could this be due to my summer tires? they were perfectly fine when I removed them last November.

What else could cause this drastic change ?

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
I don't know tires. How bout the thought that maybe some brands of tires (that now have to be classified as in the used category) need a few heat an cool down cycles put on them, to bring them back to remembered normal stickiness (after sitting on the shelf for a long period). Then again, maybe this thought is meaningless.

·
F1rehawk
766 Posts
Like BAS said, totally normal for the first few trips!

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
My wife's car (not a G8) behaves like that when there is too much air in the tires. Did your tire pressure gauge become inaccurate over the winter?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What was the outcome? Did they settle down after a few heat cycles? What cold pressure are you running?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts