Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After acquiring this car from a local dealership previously modded, I have been slowing getting through some of the odds and ends of the previous owner and his poor modding of the car.

First there was a whole fiasco of a locked E38 ECU thanks to the VMS tune, fixing that still........I just picked up a new ECU that I am going to flash to stock and install the factory tune and start new.

The car also had a cal on the trans from VMS as well. Shifts from 1-2 and 2-3 at times where sort of clumsy. Otherwise, at harder part throttle or WOT, she was OK. Needed some small changes, but not too far off base.

This provoked me to get an EFI Live setup for the car and begin shredding through the problems. I can confirm that the T43 trans cal can be locked. I have searched and seen a few people whom questioned this, but I can confirm it. With that being said, let's move on...

I was able to flash it back to stock and drive that around for a bit. Man this car is tame on the stock side of trans. It's almost a snore. So I started shredding the factory cal and am working on some changes right now during my 45 min commute to and from work. So far, it's going well, but not 100% yet by my standards.

I will keep all of you posted. Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Made lots of changes to the trans cal and wow! This car is a dream to drive now in comparison to how she felt on the VMS trans cal. HOLY $hit! She is tame on cruise and a B!tch on WOT. HAHAH!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still working on it and rolling along real nice. I took the wife out the other night in it and she immediately noticed how soft, fluid and crisp it was compared to before. If she notices it, hot damn I am in the money.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
A few users have had to go back and forth with VMS to get their transmission tune to "feel" right on their G8s. Good to hear you're going the DIY route. I still need to mess with my trans tune more myself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few users have had to go back and forth with VMS to get their transmission tune to "feel" right on their G8s. Good to hear you're going the DIY route. I still need to mess with my trans tune more myself.
Do you have EFI Live?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might take some videos out and about around town to showcase. I am pretty proud of my DIY work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts