Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my GXP for about a 1 1/2 yrs. I absolutely love it. I have never had an issue with it.

My dilemma is I have started my own business and need to rid of any debt. I owe just under 10K on it.

It is PBM A6 Roof Onyx/Red 1 if 81 configured in excellent shape. I am debating if I should sell it. What would the market price be? It has 72k on it. The previous owner was a women who drove it 2 hours back and forth to work so it's all thru-way miles.

I don't know. I'm in a tough predicate. I'd hate to get rid of it, but could use the money. It also sickens me that a van would probably take it's place. :eek2:

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
So if you get rid of it what will you drive? Do you have another car or will you have to buy something else? If you buy something else you'll be stuck with more then 10K to pay off thats for damn sure. At this point it may be cheaper to keep it then to sell it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Don't jump ! Oh sorry ,gotta read these before I just post lol. Well since your not jumping ,then keep the car cause once you do I will be repeating my first comment again on your next talk me out of it thread.
Hey,if you gotta sell her to do what you want and there's no way around it , understand Man. Good luck on trying to keep her .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Since you're not the original owner, there isn't any long term attachment. Sell it, and when your business succeeds, buy a low mileage M6.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've had my GXP for about a 1 1/2 yrs. I absolutely love it. I have never had an issue with it.

My dilemma is I have started my own business and need to rid of any debt. I owe just under 10K on it.

It is PBM A6 Roof Onyx/Red 1 if 81 configured in excellent shape. I am debating if I should sell it. What would the market price be? It has 72k on it. The previous owner was a women who drove it 2 hours back and forth to work so it's all thru-way miles.

I don't know. I'm in a tough predicate. I'd hate to get rid of it, but could use the money. It also sickens me that a van would probably take it's place. :eek2:
Is the van you refer to what you will use for your business or are we talking a minivan to be your (or another family members) daily driver for non-work purposes?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Any rich uncle that can take a huge chunk of that loan off your hands for yuh with promise to repay at a later date ? With 10k left on it , what van or otherwise truck will you find that isn't decent for around 5k or more. Plus taxes on it I am selling a 05 Pacifica touring for 6k or b.o .no paint issues ,no trouble lights. Few dings and high miles but otherwise in great shape. Everything but the rear pass . Window works and needs a regulator. .with that said.,your not far from paying off a gxp at that point.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Please, Do not let the wife talk u into selling the GXP. You will hate her for it. No Matter the reason.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Missed about the van my bad.
That's why I was asking the OP if the van he was talking about was for his business use. If he said no, I was going to echo you jackalope...I'd say keep the G8! We'll see what he says.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Please, Do not let the wife talk u into selling the GXP. You will hate her for it. No Matter the reason.
Did I miss a reference saying that his wife is making him sell it? Hating your wife either way seems a little extreme doesn't it? We'll see what the OP says.

·
Registered
407 Posts

A CEO round-table group that I am a member of has the following credo: "Priorities are what we do...everything else is just talk." If your priority is this business you have started - you'll soon realize that cash is king. Sell the car and feed the business. Later - when you've proven that you can be successful in business, you can buy another GXP. Or, you can keep this one and perhaps someday look back on "that business venture that didn't make it for a lack of cash". Good luck - I hope you make the right decision for your situation.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I own a small business. If you can be free of any debts that will take tremendous financial stress off yourself. Sacrifice now, to flourish later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A CEO round-table group that I am a member of has the following credo: "Priorities are what we do...everything else is just talk." If your priority is this business you have started - you'll soon realize that cash is king. Sell the car and feed the business. Later - when you've proven that you can be successful in business, you can buy another GXP. Or, you can keep this one and perhaps someday look back on "that business venture that didn't make it for a lack of cash". Good luck - I hope you make the right decision for your situation.
As a business owner, I agree completely. If you want your business to succeed, you need to be willing to give it everything you've got, including all your spare time, discretionary income and possibly your sanity. You can always buy a car later.

·
Motoring Enthusiast
129 Posts
As a business owner myself, I like to have my cake and eat it too. Any solutions to shore up the needed capital without going down that path first? Debt free is a good place to be anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts