Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All! I just wanted to let you V-6 guys know I am working on a project to develop an intake tube that will go between the TB and MAFS (Keeping the stock intake box for now). I ordered all parts and they should be here on Saturday. I hope to install and fit it over the holiday weekend. If you are interested I will be updating a thread I opened over in the intake section (See below). I had to do allot or research to find the proper combination of parts to make this work. I am 90% confident it will all fit and work well. The total cost is $53 after taxes and shipping and handling.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48273

Feel free to delete this thread in a couple days or whatever. I just never checked the intake section before because I wasnt necessarility looking but would have been interested in something like this.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i just bought a cold air intake and it came with all that neeto piping

·
Registered
947 Posts
What does it do?

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
What does it do?
lg68jcu said:
Designed a Tube*
Through a bit of research and trial and error I believe I have put together an intake tube that will connect the throttle body with the MAF sensor. It does not include any flex pipe or anything like that and will be able to connect the vacuum hose without issue. I found all of the parts I need through a seller on Ebay and you can pick up the rest @ Autozone / Advance (Spectre intake tubes & reducers/couplers). The unfortunate thing is its all 3". I could not come up with the parts required for a 3.25" or 3.5" setup. The advantage would be not having any flex pipes or air disturbing boxes before the TB. The total price after shipping, handling and sales tax is $53.18. If anyone is interested let me know and I can pass along or post the info. I should be getting the bends in the mail by the 6th.​
*posted from another thread. An alternative to both a CAI and the stock intake "outlet" duct system. Basically, a straight-tube linking the throttle bottle to the mass airflow sensor (MAF) and stock airbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts