Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a trinity on eBay (i know this is asking for problems, which it did bring). I wasn't thinking right and just plugged it into my car without checking for updates and to see if it was unmarried. I went straight to performance and went on installing a modified stock tune and the firm shift tune to the tcm. after in installed it said there was a problem and it was going to restore stock backup. At this point i realized that at no point did it actually take a backup of my car at the beginning of the tune. Once it completed putting the so-called backup on my car it would not start. The cluster gauges did not work and nothing happened when i turned the key. I have some friends at a Chevy dealer so I towed it there and got a PCM re flash and thankfully my car started up and all was well. Until i pulled out of the parking lot and realized i got the infamous ESP off and the cluster saying i was in park when i was actually in drive. It also does not shift. I turned around and had them look at it again and they were going to flash the tcm also but the computer cant even find it. It is completely invisible. I tried doing the battery reset left it unplugged for over 24 hours and still no dice. They are telling me i need a whole new TCM and seem convinced the unit in my car is either fried or whatever the diablo installed on it has permanently bricked it. I talked to the eBay seller and he is telling me that it was unmarried and was working fine. The trinity is telling me it is unmarried at this point also. I thought trinity wouldn't tune cars if they were married but the only thing i can think of is if the trinity installed a previous car's tcm data on my 09 G8 GT. Help..!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only thing i can think of would be a full replacement which would be a $310 dorman part plus fluid and plus a re flash through the dealer with a tech 2, or if i could find someone to try to do a reflash tune on it via removal and mailing it to them, any ideas who would be able to do this and what price?

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Hmm sounds like a bad situation all around. I personally feel like time is money so I would send that trinity tuner back to the seller for a refund and just pay the dealer the $310 to fix it.

Next I would get a superchips tuner and be done with it.

·
Chevrolet Performance Par
711 Posts
The only thing i can think of would be a full replacement which would be a $310 dorman part plus fluid and plus a re flash through the dealer with a tech 2, or if i could find someone to try to do a reflash tune on it via removal and mailing it to them, any ideas who would be able to do this and what price?
Why not just have the dealer that flashed the PCM flash the stock TCM?

I can do on the bench TCM OEM flashes, but your dealer should be able to no problem if they did the PCM.

Edits lol I need to read the whole post :)
Sounds like the TCM might be bricked and you would need a new one. Or try sending it to Chris White to fix.

-Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys, im going back this weekend to see if they can find it in the tech 2 then. I've done another reset on the tcm and the check engine light (which was the unlinked TCM u code) goes away now when i power the tcm back up via putting the fuse back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts