Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was vacuuming the carpet this morning and got close to the seat when I noticed a tear in the perforated red leather of my driver's seat. ****! Has anyone reupholstered or repaired your seats? Is it a pain to remove the seat cover? I have the red/ebony interior.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
74 Posts
Taking the seat apart to re-upholster isn't too bad, but finding your Red/Ebony seat cover may be a challenge.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Couple years ago I looked for a driver's red leather seat cover from the dealer. Only one available in the states was listed for almost $700! For just the bottom. I replaced with Katzkin Leathers, black perforated with red smooth inserts. $1100 including installation and they used some leftover leather to wrap the door handles in red.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You might be able to sew together the rip in place. It might not look too great but tends to hold. I can highly recommend the special bent needle for leather, it makes sewing a lit easier. Put the holes somewhere 1/8"-1/4" from the edge of the rip. And in general use the leather conditioner to prevent the leather from drying, the dry leather rips easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts