Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
Would certainly request a full refund after installing the third craptastic radiator. Three duds/failures soon after installation inherently speak volumes regarding the radiator's likely longevity or lack thereof.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
When I installed the radiator from Oreilly I went to start it on Tuesday & and a CEL came on & than a few minutes later the passenger side cooler line blew off, which I believe is pressure/feed side. I borrowed one of those app code readers that came up with the following codes
U0073
P0118
P0700
Reset/cleared the codes and added a quart of trans fluid back to the system looking to get back up to temp to get to the proper fill level. Last night double checked everything started the car no CEL and a few minutes later the same passenger trans line blew off.
I took off the driver side line and trans fluid came out so fluid is getting through.

Well my new question is the black plastic piece does that serve actually purpose or just assist when it snaps over the clip? I didn’t have the plastic piece snapped over the lines during this adventure.

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
The black plastic piece is merely a covering/dust boot and the line is held in place by a metal clip that snaps around the inlet. Did you verify the metal clip/ring on the radiator is in place?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Yea I checked that yesterday. Pushed the line in than snapped the clip in tried with the might that I could to remove the line and it wasn’t budging. It seems to building more than 300 psi because I read the trans can reach that during WOT. I was going to leave the drive side off & make some type of deflector to see if the fluid is making it’s way through the cooler, but maybe my return line has a restriction in it some how. This has turned into quite the project for a radiator replacement.

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
Were you able to resolve the issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The sensor will only work if it's in water. Verify you don't have air trapped.

Does the gauge start off cold and come up to engine temp?
This is what we'll check on uncle's incoming G8 project. Need to finish installing the suspension from 4Wheelonline onto the truck this week before we can clear the garage.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts