Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One hundred and thirty years is a long time.

That’s the age, more or less, of the automotive industry and naturally, its history is steep. Thousands of makes and models have come and gone over the decades, but only a few have really revolutionized the way auto manufacturers do business.

These are the vehicles that made everyone sit up and take notice. The ones that reshaped the North American automotive landscape.

Narrowing the field down to just one vehicle per decade was not easy. We focused on cars, trucks and SUVs that changed the industry specifically in North America, although that doesn’t mean it had to specifically be a North American vehicle. So, here are the 14 vehicles that changed the world and a few honorable mentions as well.
Read more about The 14 Most Revolutionary Cars That Changed the World at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ehh, I too many foreign cars for my taste. Totally ignores all of the first the Oldsmobile did such as the first airbag in the toronados from the 60's. Also the curved Dash started in 1896 not the 1900's and was the first American automobile.

·
high desert road runner
235 Posts
Well, I think that the 1964 Pontiac LeMans GTO changed automotive history. Heck, it's probably not politically correct to even refer to the car. But driving my first one back in Fall 1963 sure made a lasting impression. It was a good thing that hi-test was relatively inexpensive and plentiful, and I probably didn't think much about what was coming out of the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Model T Ford, end thread. Made cars affordable for the average working man, introduced the assembly line and standardized parts. Forever changed the automobile world, no the whole world! Every car every built afterwards owes what it is to the Model T.

Sure lots of cool stuff came afterwards but without the Model T none of it would have been built.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it foreign car companies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts