Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pretty good time. Ive not beat my best stock time but basicly running close times being super gentile with the clutch(since it really acts up with 50rwhp more than last year).
Last year stock:

yesterday(both times are mine):

Note the 60ft and mph, definetaly gained at the track......just shows that Im even more ready for the clutch upgrade that Ive been wanting lol.

·
Registered
647 Posts
3 mph is a huge gain on the 1/8th ... imagine how much more at the end of the 1/4.

Is that from the new headers and tune only?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, LTs/intake/tune so Im satisfied. Get a good clutch and some sticky tires and may get a 8.0 on a good pass with good air.

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Congrats man. Now time for some sticky tires!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Nice gain! I'm assuming you're at high elevation?

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Nice. Like some have said, sticky tires and better 60' times and you'll be there!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Why you ask?
Oh, I was trapping 86 mph with my stock Gxp m6 in the 1/8, and my track is 1,273 ft above sea level. So I figured you were at higher elevation.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
4 % gain in trap = 12.5 % gain in HP. Nice.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, I was trapping 86 mph with my stock Gxp m6 in the 1/8, and my track is 1,273 ft above sea level. So I figured you were at higher elevation.
Most cars I take down the track I dont trap real high but still run the #s, guess its my driving style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts