Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
BUt this motor as we get it will be saddled with DoD. A simple swap of heads will not be so simple. If teh DoD is all electrical and all within the head, yes you will just cut the wires, but now the ecu will be looking for what isn't there and may cough a few times too many. So eleiminating DoD as part of a retune may be necessary.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey there Mike P. Those mag drivers are far better at driving/shifting than 98 % of the best stick shift jockies out there. The mags will always ppost faster times than the rest of us mortals. Your 04' GTP Comp must have a few mods. Yes you are correct about the 0-60 and 1/4 times from the mags though. They're for a M6GT G8, the A6 is, like the GTO at least a half a sec slower to 60 mph, say 5.8 vs 5.3 for the M6.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i could EASILY see a low 13 sec pass from a stock vess or g8gt. its going to come down to driver, conditions, and such... hell, my buddy had a stock 01 ss m6 and ran a best of 13.5 @104. he let me go take the car for a drive with him, come back, cool down, and run it myself while he watched. i slipped off a 2.0x 60' and ran a 13.0x @ 105. you could take magazine numbers all day long and throw them here and there. for me they dont do much, bc ive seen cars that have alot of potential run crappy times bc of the driver. im confident, that with the numbers they are pulling down under, that we could see low 13 times across the board. of course, its still speculation. either way, these cars, with the right driver and conditions, will tear (sp?) up the track :)

chrish

21 - 26 of 26 Posts