Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so now that i has all this power...

should i be doing some lil things now like... spark plugs? should i change them? whats the best spark plug for my setup? i have 110 000kms on the G8

should i get a catch can? is there a kit? whats the best kit?
colder thermostat?

how do i get a 4 inch maf? is it hard? someone make a kit? i have a tuner to rescale the maf (if thats whats needed) is it worth any hp's? help me out with this one please no idea how to do it...intake piping is already 4 inch just one last bottle neck

help is always greatly appreciated
thanks guys
Jordan

·
Registered
147 Posts
I picked up an ls7 maf sensor and a 4" maf housing from treadstone performance. make sure you get the honeycomb maf screen to help with tuning. This was the cheapest option I could find.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
works well im guessing?

if my tuner is confident tuning without the honeycomb which he has done in the past for me (max effort GTP turbo) do i absolutley need it? anyone have one of these without the straightener???

how bout the rest of the stuff? no insight guys?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
You really dont need a 4"..... probably wont see hardly any improvement... but I do have a 4" setup that I am going to put up for sale as I made my own setup to fit better into my personal setup...

as for the catch can, many styles out there and many are good.... I personally like the Rx cans.... but many others are good also...

good luck

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If you haven't changed your plugs yet you may as well, you have what like 60-70,000 miles? They should be good for 100,000 - the AC delco OEM plugs are good quality but many people have used NGK iridiums as well. May as well change the wires too while you're at it - MSD

I don't think you need a larger MAF w/ your mods, but it wouldn't hurt...I think a FAST LSx manifold may give you some benefit at this point, maybe 1.85 rockers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of adding 1.85's for some more lift

So get a catch can...
Get a different plug ...
And forget the maf..

Ive always had good luck with stock wires from gm if there was a diff in performance i might get the msd but ive never seen a dyno sooo ill stick with stock..

Any specific spark plug or should i just stick with gm again

·
Registered
147 Posts
works well im guessing?

if my tuner is confident tuning without the honeycomb which he has done in the past for me (max effort GTP turbo) do i absolutley need it? anyone have one of these without the straightener???

how bout the rest of the stuff? no insight guys?
I havent hooked it up yet. I did alot of reading on the hptuners and efilive forums, and people who dont run a screen have issues getting the tune dialed in. so im gonna run it to help me tune it.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Plugs, I went with AC Delco plug P/N 41-104, stock vette ZR1 and Z06 plugs. (Maryland Speed)

No need to upgrade your wires unless they are burnt IMO.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is my lift calculation right?

Lift now with cam and stock rocks is :
610/617
Lift with 1.85
655/662

What spring would i need for that amount of lift?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts