Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a post on the Grrrr8 forum about this place in Estes Park. The owner is a G8 guy. Are you in here too?

I went and checked the place out on the Book of Faces and it looks legit.

When I was with Team Integra (years ago when 4 cylinders seemed like enough) We used to plan "drive & dive" days which consisted of a day trip driving twisties, or attending a car show, and then dinner and drinks at a place along the route (Quaker Steak and Lube in PA usually) then afterwards couples would crash out at a local Motel / Hotel.

Do you guys do anything like that here? Looks like we have a hospitable place to stay, and a route around Estes should be easy to plan.

Maybe in Spring?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
268 Posts
He is more active on the other board. If we plan it I am sure he would be happy to have us come. It books quick. Probably a good idea to plan now. Not sure any of us plan anything this far ahead though.

·
every village has one
2,170 Posts
He's a great guy. He'd be thrilled to have you guys.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, all!

Yes, I'd be willing to "host"... a few things to keep in mind...

Estes Park is CRAZY BUSY from the beginning of June through the first weekend in October, and after that slows down a bit. We only have 17 rooms, and are pretty proud of what we've done. To be completely transparent, the reason I bring that up is because we're #1 on TripAdvisor for Estes Park, and we traditionally cater to middle aged/older guests (they like it quiet). We're no smoking (cigs/pot) and no pets, and that's really not something we offer any wiggle room around. Again, I'm just being upfront because I wouldn't want to disappoint.

The Maxwell Inn

That said, I would be happy to offer a SUPER good rate for a group, and I wouldn't care if it was one room or ten. We have four rooms that accommodate up to four people, and the remaining thirteen rooms accommodate up to two people. Our property boasts a GREAT location close to downtown, a patio with two picnic tables and a simple charcoal bbq pit, a separate patio with a natural gas firepit, and hot 4-6 person hot tub. The rooms aren't big, but they're comfortable, and the materials that we've used are very nice. I think it would be outstanding to have a lot full of (or even a few!) G8s.

There are a few drives that would be awesome, most notably the Peak to Peak Highway up to Estes Park (Highway 7 - which you can access by going through Golden from Denver). Trail Ridge Road is the drive up over the continental divide, however by the time you get mid/late October, it's closed more often than not because of snow fall up in the mountains. Late April (pending rain/occasional snow) to mid May would probably be ideal.

Either way, if someone who knows more local G8 owners than I do (which is just a couple), please feel free to reach out to me for details if you really want to get something set up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sounds like it would be time to get May 9th or the 16th locked in. I am one of those old guys so work is not an issue.

I do smoke but after all these years I have no problem going for a walk if i need one. I travel a lot for the DOD and am used to it.

I posted on the other board about this. We just need to get everyone on board and make the reservations.

I noticed a grill. So does that mean we could do a BBQ as a group?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'd be up for it...

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'd be down for a wknd stay in Estes, maybe we should start another thread once we decide on which wknd.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liking this- the 16th of May works for me. Lets put this together.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The 16th would not work for us either. We will be in Julesburg racing that weekend.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm still interested. No big plans yet coming up, just Phoenix in mid April.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts