Pontiac G8 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
#MurderG8
158 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've only had this car for 2 months and this set up for about a week. Smiles per gallon!!

-----------------------------
09 PBM G8 GT
Solo Axle Back w/ J's, X-Pipe

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Less than a week old: Kooks long tubes into Solo HFC and Solo Mach catback

·
Registered
469 Posts
Factory midpipe (pup cats, mid-muffler, and resonators) cut out, replaced with H pipe and straight pipe. Factory mufflers cut out and replaced with Hooker Aerochambers. No other mods at this time.

I believe this was a cold start. I don't remember exactly... been a couple of months now.

Car had been sitting for about three hours - probably still a little warm. Start-up from inside car.

Take-off and WOT from inside car.

Please excuse my girlfriend's poor attempt at revving the motor and a medium-throttle take-off... She is scared of driving my car because she "doesn't want to break it."

A couple of drive-bys she did. Not too loud when you're not on it... In my opinion, not quiiite loud enough when you are. Also, yes, she did a very unsafe/stupid U-turn... I know. There is quite a bit of concrete that isn't in the intersection that she used to turn around on, though.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thats a pretty cool sound, how is when opened up?

I will see if I can get a new video up here in the next day or two with a rev and a take-off/drive-by. It's supposed to rain tonight and I don't want to do that stuff in the wet.

Also, thanks! I appreciate it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ok, Nate, I updated that first post I did with the new videos.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok, Nate, I updated that first post I did with the new videos.
Thanks for doing that, sounds really good and its a pretty unique combo. Your GF could use a heavier right foot though ;) How'd you end up choosing that setup?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks for doing that, sounds really good and its a pretty unique combo. Your GF could use a heavier right foot though ;) How'd you end up choosing that setup?
I know, I told her that haha. I couldn't hear it, but she said she was screaming the whole way down the road lol.

I was bored of the Magnaflow that was on my truck and was looking around on YouTube for a more aggressive-sounding muffler and came across a few sound clips of the Aero Chamber. I loved the sound and decided I wanted it on a vehicle at some point. Never got around to changing the exhaust on my truck, but when it came time to decide on the G8, I wanted to give them a try. And I decided on the H because I have never really been a fan of "raspy." Everything I was reading said the H would be a bit of a deeper, smoother sound than an X.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know, I told her that haha. I couldn't hear it, but she said she was screaming the whole way down the road lol.

I was bored of the Magnaflow that was on my truck and was looking around on YouTube for a more aggressive-sounding muffler and came across a few sound clips of the Aero Chamber. I loved the sound and decided I wanted it on a vehicle at some point. Never got around to changing the exhaust on my truck, but when it came time to decide on the G8, I wanted to give them a try. And I decided on the H because I have never really been a fan of "raspy." Everything I was reading said the H would be a bit of a deeper, smoother sound than an X.
I'm in the same boat, I got mine installed fairly recently and want to hear what it sounds like from the outside but my wife refuses to go past about 5% throttle :whine:

I do like the deeper pitch you get out of it. Thanks for the back story, always find these types of stories interesting :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
New to me setup, stock manifolds, stock cats, stock h-pipe res replaced with a magnaflow x pipe, bullet resonators replaced with straight 2.5" pipes, into solo axlebacks. headers and HFCs coming soon, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/VGUNBquCDIQ

121 - 140 of 176 Posts