Monday thru Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm (EST)

Tech Support:
[email protected]

Sales:
[email protected]

Dealer Support:
[email protected]

The car needs time, key cycles, and mileage to adjust to the new settings.

Stock - Stock Torque Management on Up-Shifts

25% - 75% Stock Torque Management on Up-Shifts

50% - 50% Stock Torque Management on Up-Shifts

75% - 25% Stock Torque Management on Up-Shifts

100% (Superchips Value) - No Torque Management on Up-Shifts

125% - No Torque Management on Up-Shifts PLUS 25% reduction of Torque Management on Down-Shifts

150% - No Torque Management on Up-Shifts PLUS 50% reduction of Torque Management on Down-Shifts

Please use TOP TIER Gasoline for your GM performance sedan :)

QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Road Ranger
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada

Info provided by www.toptiergas.com/

Why TOP TIER

The intention of the TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline standards is to create a winning situation for gasoline retailers, auto manufacturers and drivers. Currently, many gasoline retailers provide fuels with lower-quality additive packages that can build up deposits on fuel injectors and on intake valves. Others can build up deposits in combustion chambers and may lead to intake valve sticking. These lower levels of additives can have negative impacts on engine performance and vehicle responsiveness.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For the diy intakes

Originally Posted by G8JOE
Scott,

I have a 2009, with a Yella Terra intake tube, AFE dry panel filter, gutter lower intake pipe, and LPM mod. I feel this flows nicely and would benefit from an intake tune. I feel the Volant most closely represents my set up. What would you suggest to DIY intakes in general and mine in particular? Any help appreciated!
Thank you for your time

Hey Joe,

Thanks for contacting me with your CAI question.

Since we only had on hand a few of many kit's on the market for your G8 it is hard for us to provide custom builders like your self with an accurate starting point when choosing between the current files available online to choose from.

The only way I can give you advice is to start with maybe the RotoFab tune since it provided the largest increase in performance gains.

If that one does not perform well for you go down the list from there testing each tune independently with your CAI. Send me your feedback on the one that best works for you including any quarks you have along with your tuner SN and I will see if the engineer at that point can tweak your tune any further for you at that poin.

Hopefully one of the tunes currently online will function well in your vehicle not requiring and further tuning.

Just remember that you need to remove the previous tune from your programmer before adding another one. That can be done through the internet update software and is listed at the bottom as an option below the CAI choices.

Any questions let me know.

Scott

·
I'm a Fool for Spool
266 Posts
Hi Scott,
I'm excited to see the new CAI tunes coming out. I'm trying not to be over anxious, so maybe you can help me out. I, along with many others run the Vararam OTR setup. Would you advise us to try any of the CAI tunes or not? Secondly, are there any plans to build a tune for the Vararam or even the NEP Over-The-Radiator style intakes? I'd like to get the most out my CAI, and I'm hoping you guys can unleash it.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vararam owners,

You will be pleased to know that we will have a local 09 G8 owner in house with a Vararam OTR to test either Tues or Wed of next week.

I will be sure to update this thread once I have some tangible info available to me following our dyno tests.

Have a good weekend!

Scott
Good news!!!!!!

Thanks for the update Scott!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Scott, any snowball's chance we'll see a GXP tune? Is the LS3 close enough to the new Camaro for that tune to work?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott, any snowball's chance we'll see a GXP tune? Is the LS3 close enough to the new Camaro for that tune to work?

I heard a rumor that they were now in the process of tuning the 6.2L engines. I'm hoping that includes the GXP.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looking forward to the Vararam tune and in on 1

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey G8JOE, I have the same setup except for the mods. I do not think our setup will push as much air through as the Roto and may run too rich. I was also thinking of trying one of these out and couldn't decide which would be best. I think I am going to try the AFE first because it seems to have a shorter filter; although the tube on the Yella Terra is larger than all the other intakes from about 1/4 of the way past the throttle body to the maf sensor making it flow quite well. Your guess is as good as mine. They already have my SN on file for another reason, so I will also let them know what I find. Please post how it's going!

·
Shannon
282 Posts
Wait what, does this mean they are now available? I have the Volant, is that ready for download?

***Update*** Well they are available, and all i can say right now is WOW!! The Volant Tune is absolutely stunning, First into second gear still has me shaking a little. The car in on a whole new level of performance, scary almost. I can finally smash the gas and the tires go up in smoke with no brakes applied. And if i was not mistaken, i got a third gear scratch.

Bravo Superchips Bravo!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Volant 93/Yella Terra/KN filter

I loaded the 93 Volant tune in the g8 tonite and all i can say is WOW! I was a little nervous at first but it rocks. I drove it around for 3 hours plus,some highway & city. It definitely smoothed out the jerky 2-3 shifts i had sometimes,it's really smooth now until you go WOT. If you have a set-up like this i would definitely use this tune. I did a couple 0-60 runs and managed a 5.0. I feel like i can shave a few tenths off cause i had some traction problems because it has been misting rain all day and is hard to find some dry pavement. Overall the car is very smooth and the shifting is better also. I would'nt hesitate at all to use this tune if you have a similar set-up. Hope this helps out.:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks waverunner for the great info. I will download the tune tonight and go for a "spin" tomorrow or the next day! It is suppose to rain like h*** around here into Sunday morning, and that wouldn't make for much fun!

J.P.

·
One fast 4 door
220 Posts
87 volant tune* wow *

I got ver 126 87 octane Volant tune. rpm- raised, speed limiter-stock, 1-2 shift/stock, 2-3 shift/stock, 3-4 shift/raised 100rpm 2 mph, DOD-active, 25%TM, Gear-stock, Fans-stock(SC value kept them on all the time, on my car). Retune went well. Immediately upon start up I saw a difference, my idle was dead steady, no more lopey, missing bumpy idle sound-smooth as glass. I drove in the rain for about an hour. Here is my observations-on my car.
Idle butter smooth, shifting much improved in all circumstances, downshifting better but still needs improvement for my tastes in my car. Power is noticeably improved. Butt dyno they say you can feel 10 hp improvements. Doing this for 35 years, that's 35 yrs of butt dyno experience, I feel a 15+ midrange improvement. There is a all-around improvement but most noticeable from 4500 to redline. I keep my car tuned conservatively being it is my DD, but if you raised the limiters there is definitely more to squeeze from the top rpms(mine shifts at stock).
Performance:
In a pouring rainstorm I logged 3 runs 0-60:
1st: 5.61
2nd: 5.31
3rd: 5.01
Could not do any more because it started raining even harder with a nasty wind. I have 19 inch stock summers at stock 40psi front(warmed up) 43 rear(warmed up).
I can't wait till its dry. I slowly mashed the pedal till 15 ft out then mashed to the floor in a controlled fashion, each time I got better as you can see.
OVER ALL VERY PLEASED WITH THE 87 VOLANT CAI TUNE.

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
I'm a Beta tester for the Vararam and I can't wait because...

I'm not fully impressed yet with the Rotofab 93 compared to the non-CAI 93 Tune. I think this car and the Vararam liked the normal 93 tune better.

The Rotofab 93 tune did cut another .2 from my 0-60 (compared to the normal 93 tune) and it has awesome torque out of the hole. I like the extra "pop" off the line but the rest of the tune...not so much yet.

It's bogged on several ocassions, it's hunted for gears several times when I punch it, and the highway pull isn't a hard.

I'll keep driving with this one but I'm looking forward to the Vararam version in about 1-2 weeks it seems...

Also, does anyone else notice that the car really responds to the tune on the first day or two after you tune it but then it's like the car learns the new one too and adjusts itself back down a little.

Is this possible???

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to find if there is an update, without hookin up the the hand held programmer up to the web site? Thanks

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone know if there is a way to find if there is an update, without hookin up the the hand held programmer up to the web site? Thanks
Updates occur often and do not always pertain to our car :)

·
Pooper Scooper!!!
3,728 Posts
Please use this thread for SC CAI specific problems, questions, comments. I'll leave the other threads open but this one will help keep things centralized.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When the Cortex tells the ECU the values for A/F does it say (ie.+/- 2 to 3) or (ie.12.8-.12.9)

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question. I installed a rotofab 91 tune and a week later my cid
say's check engine. So I put it back to factory and it no longer say's
check engine. Any feedback would be appreciated thank's.

1 - 20 of 380 Posts