321 - 340 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
No it cannot.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
if i get a cortex and LT's without cats can the cortex remove the CEL caused by not having cats
Cortex is for CAI and Exhaust only...the long term potential mechanical problems are not worth cheaping out on the front end. Save up and get a proper dyno or mail order tune from one of our supporting vendors. Plus the Cortex will leave HP on the table as it isnt calibrated for any type of Header application.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
headers + cortex = problems

·
Capital City G8
120 Posts
Cortex is for CAI and Exhaust only...the long term potential mechanical problems are not worth cheaping out on the front end. Save up and get a proper dyno or mail order tune from one of our supporting vendors. Plus the Cortex will leave HP on the table as it isnt calibrated for any type of Header application.
^^ great advice ^^^
Your car would be running lean with the stock tune and headers but dangerously lean if you use the cortex with headers. I loved my cortex while I had it but a dyno tune is better and most places do them for around or less than $500.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Not sure if this has been answered or not but does running the 93 octane tune change the ignition timing?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The cost depends upon the situation. If you don't have access to the vehicle originally tuned or you purposely left the tuning in the original host vehicle then we charge a fee of $100 to unlock the programmer.

If the vehicle was reflashed at the dealership while tuned and you can provide paperwork of this reflash it may save you some $$ on the unlock fees.

Best thing to do is call customer service for your options.

Scott

How to unlock the 2950?

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
I have been trying to update my Cortex tuner and forgot my password. I used the link that is supposed to send you your forgotten password and have not received any e-mails.....I checked my spam email too. Does Superchips not provide you a forgotten password on weekends??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes they do.

I somehow got locked out of my account after I had already logged in and had to reset mine. Unfortunately I still had to call tech support the following Monday morning.

Good luck!

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Yes they do.

I somehow got locked out of my account after I had already logged in and had to reset mine. Unfortunately I still had to call tech support the following Monday morning.

Good luck!

Hmmm...I never got a password reset/password email from Superchips this weekend. So... I went in and re-registered and then discovered that it is like I never purchased their tunes before because all the roto-fab tunes came up with their cost and so forth. Luckliy my tuner got the updated core software and they did not copy over all my old tunes, incl Stock.

One of the reasons that I wanted the updated software was that I saw a pic online here where it showed a tune called Stock with Options, however, I never saw it on my tuner after the software upgrade.

Anyone else see that tune? I'm just curious is all. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is there a major difference from the regular Performance tunes and CAI specific tunes?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Considerable amount to warrant their existence. With high flow air cleaners, the SC's tunes get on the lean side and can cause damage.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
Considerable amount to warrant their existence. With high flow air cleaners, the SC's tunes get on the lean side and can cause damage.
BS!

I've been running this tune for 4 years with no issues. Currently over 80k on my car.

You can easily monitor your fuel trims with the Cortex, my results prove your statement false.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
BS!

I've been running this tune for 4 years with no issues. Currently over 80k on my car.

You can easily monitor your fuel trims with the Cortex, my results prove your statement false.
Im not sure but I think he meant if you run the intake with the regular superchip tune and not the cai specific tune its possible to cause damage.

321 - 340 of 380 Posts