Pontiac G8 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 380 Posts

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Hmmm...I never got a password reset/password email from Superchips this weekend. So... I went in and re-registered and then discovered that it is like I never purchased their tunes before because all the roto-fab tunes came up with their cost and so forth. Luckliy my tuner got the updated core software and they did not copy over all my old tunes, incl Stock.

One of the reasons that I wanted the updated software was that I saw a pic online here where it showed a tune called Stock with Options, however, I never saw it on my tuner after the software upgrade.

Anyone else see that tune? I'm just curious is all. :)

Thanks!
I saw that also, but never on my tuner...

Give [email protected] a PM (http://www.g8board.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=4141) with your serial number if you have problems. He's great at resolving issues and answering questions.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Im not sure but I think he meant if you run the intake with the regular superchip tune and not the cai specific tune its possible to cause damage.
I don't believe that's true either lol

I ran the Cortex regular tune for a year with the NEP side mount kit before they came out with the CAI specific tunes. Everything was fine then, should be the same now.

Again, the best way for everyone to check things are proper, is to data log.
Every car is different, so I'm not 100% positive my results will be the same as others.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
I don't believe that's true either lol

I ran the Cortex regular tune for a year with the NEP side mount kit before they came out with the CAI specific tunes. Everything was fine then, should be the same now.

Again, the best way for everyone to check things are proper, is to data log.
Every car is different, so I'm not 100% positive my results will be the same as others.
Yah Im not so sure its true myself, that is just how I understood what he said.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Im not sure but I think he meant if you run the intake with the regular superchip tune and not the cai specific tune its possible to cause damage.
Yes, this is what I meant.

Jeeze....A bit jumpy this morning?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not you. SRG is who I thought was jumpy. It's all good.

SC's is still the most bang for the buck for our G8's

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rotofab tune gained at least 5 whp gain, for less than 5 bucks.
I'm running a roto fab with a regular SC 91 tune. Just want to understand you correctly. If i purchase the Rotofab tunes i could squeeze out an extra 5 rwhp?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
I'm running a roto fab with a regular SC 91 tune. Just want to understand you correctly. If i purchase the Rotofab tunes i could squeeze out an extra 5 rwhp?
With the RF93 tune, yes.

I saw a +22.4 whp gain with the CAI tune alone...Rotofab installed all pulls.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone figured out which tune works best with the spectre cai. Im using the afe 91 tune on 94 and it seems good. The spectre looks most like the afe but I wonder if the airflow characteristics are similar

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Has anyone figured out which tune works best with the spectre cai. Im using the afe 91 tune on 94 and it seems good. The spectre looks most like the afe but I wonder if the airflow characteristics are similar
I am sure you are fine with that tune. I would think the differences between the tunes for the AFE and Rotofab are barely different if at all and the spectre, rotofab and AFE are all basically the same style.

If you are looking for some real gains sell the cortex and get some headers a good tune.:judge::driving:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Paid the $2.99 or whatever it was for the K&N tunes on my SuperChips. Runs great, I don't have a EGT or anything so I can't tell you if it's running leaner/richer but I also haven't really seen any gas mileage increase or decrease. Also haven't run at the track before/after so this post is pretty pointless ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got bbk shorties, workin on solo cats and x pipe and vector motorsports tune I havent even owned it 6 months lol first half hour I owned it I was at zoro for axle backs

·
Registered
114 Posts
I cheaped out and got the flashpaq and didnt think id outgrow it this fast. Just wanted to make sure im using the best tune possible till I get the rest done

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Paid the $2.99 or whatever it was for the K&N tunes on my SuperChips. Runs great, I don't have a EGT or anything so I can't tell you if it's running leaner/richer but I also haven't really seen any gas mileage increase or decrease. Also haven't run at the track before/after so this post is pretty pointless ;)
FYI, you can log your fuel trims to see if your running lean/rich, with the Superchips tuner.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im adding 4.6 on both banks. If I put solo cats wont see the same benefit with a canned tune tho no?what hp difference between tuned and untuned solo cats. Id run the cats now and retune later but if im adding that much how would solos affect ltfts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
its called datalogging, you're halfway there. hfc's generally lean out the mixture somewhat, but of course dependant on other mods.

So get the hfc's installed and repeat your datalog and compare your numbers, are they closer now to absolute zero or are they worse than before?

Thats what you need to do.

Also keep in mind that narrowband o2's (that which the superchips is able to datalog) do not function at aggressive throttle or wot, thats the purpose of an add-in wideband 02 gauge setup or a datalogger (dashboss, aem, plxdevices, etc) that can do external wideband o2 stuff.

good luck!

zepcom

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know the lambda sensors are useless for afr. I want the cats just dont wanna melt a piston doin it. Wife already thinks its unpractical so gotta do alittle at a time so if I got the cats I dont know how long it would be between cats and dyno tune lol I heard the commanded afr by superchips on the 91 tune is 12.6ish and stock is pig rich so if I log this and feel its lean I guess id just use the stock tune till it sees a wideband ?

341 - 360 of 380 Posts