Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to drop my buddy off at work from our lunch break, and we are a few cars back in traffic from this Ferrari. We noticed he was heading onto the freeway, so we decided to follow. There is still one car between us and him so we're held back until the lane opens up.

The Ferrari jumps into the onramp HOV, and as soon as I can, I do the same. By the time I was even in the lane, he was already up to the finally merge point just before entering the hwy. I fly through the HOV to catch up and a big ass truck merges in front of me. Again, held back to watch this guy dump his gas onto the hwy.

Now that we are both on the hwy, I safely move my way through traffic until I can get next to him. Passenger in the car makes eye contact and I signal to race, but he acts as if he didn't see me.

So, instead of showing you a sweeeet video of me winning or losing, here's a video of me just being depressed driving next to him.

Later, we end up taking the same freeway to head home and the Ferrari catches up with me again, doesn't acknowledge me once he passes or tries to race. He hops onto the off ramp (same one I'm going to) and heads down the same street I need to head down. He eventually makes a right turn off the street and made eye contact with my passenger, who in return gave him a thumbs down for his ball size.:cursin:

He was just afraid of 'Merica. :patriot:

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
That's pretty cool and all but i'm sure he's thinking (wrongly) that, "this damn Pontiac wanted to try and race me today. What was he thinking?"

Sorta like the "A Kia really...you must be joking?" thread in the KILL section.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty cool and all but i'm sure he's thinking (wrongly) that, "this damn Pontiac wanted to try and race me today. What was he thinking?"

Sorta like the "A Kia really...you must be joking?" thread in the KILL section.
LOL good point.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
I love your comment: "He was just afraid of 'Merica. :patriot:"

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Gotta agree with AuggeiDosta he probly figured why waste the gas. That or he looks like an old dude with one of those ugly ass tweed cab driver hats and was askeereded.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's why I gunned it quickly next to him to see if he'd take the bait. He didn't. Those things dyno about 427 - 470 to the wheels, with 3100 lbs, it would have been a close race... with me winning. I guess if I drove a Ferrari I just spent over 100k on, I wouldn't want some 30K pontaic showing me up in public with my friend in the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Yeah, that's why I gunned it quickly next to him to see if he'd take the bait. He didn't. Those things dyno about 420 - 450 to the wheels, with 3100 lbs, it would have been a close race... with me winning. I guess if I drove a Ferrari I just spent over 100k on, I wouldn't want some 30K pontaic showing me up in public with my friend in the passenger seat.
I think it would have been a beat down. Too bad he didn't take the bait...

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I just found a Hennessey baseline for a 2013, looks like it got 469 RWHP. Corrected my comment after that since the other ones were 2010 - 2011s. Still would have been fun to smash it.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Next time!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I'm sure he felt he was too sophisticated to race a lowly American sedan. That, and perhaps he thought a red Ferrari was way too big a cop magnet as it was LOL!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was about 2PM, we had a late lunch, but yea...405 can be sketchy. I was willing to risk it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thats too bad man, I would have really liked to see that race! I think it would have been a good one!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts