Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought they would do it considering the financial status of GMAC and the current market but here it is.

The new incentives actually got better!

0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months

This is available on

•’08 Torrent
•’09 Enclave / LaCrosse
•’09 G3 / G5 / G6 (-1SB/1SV) / G8 (all)
•’09 Acadia / Sierra LD Ext / Sierra LD Crew (XFE only) / Torrent / Yukon (all)
•Compatible with Targeted Lessee Bonus, Dealer Cash and DBC’s
•NOT Compatible with Customer Cash, Bonus Cash or Private Offers

1500 consumer cash and 1500 bonus cash on G's and...Potentially some dealer cash as well. ;)

This month is the month when the G8's make a huge splash in the market.

Also, no limitations for the GXP so you could get a GXP for 0%!!!!

woot!

·
THE1ONE
501 Posts
Makes me wish i could refinance...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is there dealer cash for the G8s? I am looking at a 09 G8GT and would like to know if they have some more room at the dealer. I know they have to make some money, but I don't want to leave too much on the table. I like my salesperson, but I don't know if he would tell me if they had dealer cash.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
91 Posts
Might be good deal, might not

So it looks like it's either 0% or $3000 back from what I could tell. I still think the previous deal was better, guess it depends on each person's personal situation. When I purchased 2 weeks ago I was able to get 3.75% financing for 5 years through a local credit union and got the $2500 in rebates and they added $1000 to my existing GM Card rebate before Feb 2nd. If I removed that $3,500 worth of rebates and instead went with 0% my payment would be an extra $25 a month, all other things remaining the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is there dealer cash for the G8s? I am looking at a 09 G8GT and would like to know if they have some more room at the dealer. I know they have to make some money, but I don't want to leave too much on the table. I like my salesperson, but I don't know if he would tell me if they had dealer cash.
Thanks,
Eric
I went to Consumer Reports website and ordered a car report on the 09 Pontiac G8 GT and they listed a dealer holdback of approx $848 from what I remember. Don't have the original sheet and my subscription ran out, but it was real close to that amount. According to their website, dealer holdback is not something you typically negotiate or mention specifically, but good info to know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What if someone is purchasing an executive vehicle that has never been titled, does it qualify for the financing?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Executive vehicles may count. I am not certain as we stay away from them typically.

There is dealer cash available to come dealers. There are a bunch of stipulations so im not sure yet if we have it or not. Its a big mess right now. :lol:

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Makes me wish i could refinance...
Me too. Although I am just over 5%...

It looks like its either $3000 or 0% not both.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Damn!

I hope the financing, or something sweeter will be around in June. Hell, I hope GM is around in June. Don't think I can do the deal til then. Hey Nino, just wondering if you got my PM.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 0% is available for S/A/B/C tier credit. ;)

So depending on what GM is considering "c" tier now it may mean the average folks can get it as well.

·
learn to use SEARCH
60 Posts
The 0% is available for S/A/B/C tier credit. ;)

So depending on what GM is considering "c" tier now it may mean the average folks can get it as well.
Can you break those tiers down by approx minimum FICO requirements?

That would be very helpful...

·
Registered
218 Posts
What if someone is purchasing an executive vehicle that has never been titled, does it qualify for the financing?
As long as a vehicle has never been titled it is eligible for all new car incentives. At least, that is how I heard it explained to a customer who was looking at an enclave while I was waiting to close my deal on the G8. I'm guessing this also pertains to the financing deals because if a car has never been titled it is considered a new car. This may vary by state however.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you break those tiers down by approx minimum FICO requirements?

That would be very helpful...

The 700 minimum for GMAC is gone, they are now looking at a credit profile.

Debt to income, equity, prior payment history and credit score all together to make a decision.

Apparently as low as a 620 is OK depending on the overall profile.

·
Registered
542 Posts
yes that's true you dont have to be a 700+ im in the car buisness so we have it too here at chevrolet...........

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
So it looks like it's either 0% or $3000 back from what I could tell. I still think the previous deal was better, guess it depends on each person's personal situation. When I purchased 2 weeks ago I was able to get 3.75% financing for 5 years through a local credit union and got the $2500 in rebates and they added $1000 to my existing GM Card rebate before Feb 2nd. If I removed that $3,500 worth of rebates and instead went with 0% my payment would be an extra $25 a month, all other things remaining the same.
Yea me too my GM card bonus paid for my 5 year loan

1 - 20 of 89 Posts