Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at ssforums and found a post about a meet on 7th March at Blackhawk in Danville, CA, at what I think is a reasonable hour of 11AM.

It says it's for '14 & '15 SSs, '04 and up GTOs and G8s built by Holden. I think I am going to try to go. I haven't been to Blackhawk in many years. The post with a a flier is at http://www.ssforums.com/forum/events-meets/22434-sf-bay-area-round-ii-blackhawk-museum-4.html#post571306. The flier has a Facebook link, but I try to stay off Facebook.

I don't know if non-members can view forum messages, so a direct link to the flier is https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8645/...a784ca_z_d.jpg

2008 Pontiac G8 - VE Commodore SV6 - HW, Sunroof, Premium, Comfort & Sound
Mods: VE Commodore Conversion - Front Bar & Grille, Bonnet, Spoiler, Badges, Wheel Centre Caps, Steering Wheel Airbag, Holden Cluster, Leather Console Lid, Holden Shift Knob; Auto-Dimming Mirror (w/o airbag nag), VG Shark Fin, CoStar Bluetooth, Aspheric Door Mirrors, Exterior Boot Release, GMH Rear Window Sunshade, GT Boot Lid Liner, GT 2.92 LSD, Parking Sensors

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guess the G8 gets to go out this weekend!

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Sounds tempting...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Carl - thanks for posting this for me. My account was finally approved last night so here's the latest.

We are on for Saturday. Meet at 11am at the museum, tour at 1:30 discounted cost is $9.00 per person. There are several places to get food near the museum but most of us are bringing picnic lunch and plan to eat near the cars so we can spend more time socializing. Let's face it, the burnouts are longer and smokier each time the story is told.

Up till now I had 2 G8's attending, with Yeti, V84me, and Furious we'll have 5. If we could get a few more that would be terrific. We have 11 SS's and 16 GTO's so a nice size meet of Holdens.

If anyone has questions please contact me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kids are welcome too, your choice. The museum has various years of cars and recently opened a old west exhibit.
Well, wifey backed out so it may just be me. I might see if my older two daughters (8 and 6) want to go but I don't want to mess with the 2 year old and trying to skip naptime for her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's a pic of where we'll be parking. I'll enlist help to direct traffic and get us all lined up. Thinking GTO's first, then G8 and then SS. Up front with my silver SS I want to put Carl's white G8 and Rich's blue GTO as representation of the brand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm out. I spent all day cleaning the garage and messed up my back. Plus, the wife needs me to watch all three of our girls tomorrow so she can get some homework done. No way I can carry baby around and keep the 6 and 8 year old under control after a nearly 2 hour drive and I don't think any of you would enjoy my kids at that point either. A trip to the park around the corner will likely be the highlight of my day.

Hope everyone has fun and I hope I can make another meet up sometime in the future. I'll be spending my summer deployed to the Mid-East desert so my GXP will spend most of it's summer in the garage. At least whenever the wife doesn't go for a joy ride with her...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you to all of those who put this together... I had a really great time today.

<SNIP>

I'm looking forward to doing more events with the SS guys... maybe a cruise?

-Todd...
I'd like to second that emotion. It was a lot of fun - great cars, great people, and a great museum tour.

c

2008 Pontiac G8 - VE Commodore SV6 - HW, Sunroof, Premium, Comfort & Sound
Mods: VE Commodore Conversion - Front Bar & Grille, Bonnet, Spoiler, Badges, Wheel Centre Caps, Steering Wheel Airbag, Holden Cluster, Leather Console Lid, Holden Shift Knob; Auto-Dimming Mirror (w/o airbag nag), VG Shark Fin, CoStar Bluetooth, Aspheric Door Mirrors, Exterior Boot Release, GMH Rear Window Sunshade, GT Boot Lid Liner, GT 2.92 LSD, Parking Sensors

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
This was a great meet. Had a really good time out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts