Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the last 6 days, the first batch of 2016 Chevrolet SS's began to arrive at dealers. There are 42 of them on lots as I type this, with more arriving daily I'm sure. My dealership has a Slipstream Blue car being built as we speak, a Phantom Black car already pre-sold waiting to be built soon, and a Some Like It Hot Red car that we just ordered for the lot. We probably won't see that one until summer.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Within the last 6 days, the first batch of 2016 Chevrolet SS's began to arrive at dealers. There are 42 of them on lots as I type this, with more arriving daily I'm sure. My dealership has a Slipstream Blue car being built as we speak, a Phantom Black car already pre-sold waiting to be built soon, and a Some Like It Hot Red car that we just ordered for the lot. We probably won't see that one until summer.
Joe: Is either of the Slipstream or the Hot a manual?

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe: Is either of the Slipstream or the Hot a manual?
Ken, we know what we are doing, so of course BOTH of these cars are manual transmission cars. They also both were ordered with Sunroof, and with spare tire. If you are interested in either car, please let me know and I'll help in any way I can!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More 2016 SS's have arrived, and now there are 53 nationwide. They are concentrated in NY, PA, MD, NY, VA, DE, and CA currently. I'm betting that they are delaying shipments to those of us in the "rust belt" until temps for the summer-only tires improve. The early vehicles are heavily weighted to automatics vs. manuals (41 to 12) which surprises me a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Need to get 'em down to NC!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're up to 74 of them in-country now. 20 of them are manuals & 54 of them are automatics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will take 2 ;)

I would like to see one in IN and take it for a test drive, I like them a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are now 87 2016 SS in the country. 26 manuals and 61 automatics.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will take 2 ;)

It looks like the closest you can get now is OH. There is one each in Johnstown, Lancaster, and Akron. It will be a bit before they filter into the rest of the "rust belt". Remember, these have summer-only tires that don't work so well below 40 degrees. I think shipments to this region are intentionally being delayed until they can be safely driven.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It looks like the closest you can get now is OH. There is one each in Johnstown, Lancaster, and Akron. It will be a bit before they filter into the rest of the "rust belt". Remember, these have summer-only tires that don't work so well below 40 degrees. I think shipments to this region are intentionally being delayed until they can be safely driven.
Makes sense, there are a lot of knuckleheads out there that don't understand how to drive a v8 car with commonsense in the snow/cold weather. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are now up to 118 of them at dealerships, 36 manuals and 82 automatics.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will take 2 ;)

There is now one in Indianapolis at Penske Chevrolet.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Joe: Do you know the family first price on either of your 2016 SS's.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe: Do you know the family first price on either of your 2016 SS's.
Ken, that depends on which discount code this gives you "GMS" or "GSU". It could also be "GSP" or "GSF". These letters would appear after the authorization number. Please let me know which you have and I can PM you with pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are now over 156 2016 Chevrolet SS's on the ground. 48 of those are manuals, and over 108 of them are automatics. Phantom Black is once again the most commonly ordered color so far. There are already over 50 of those with automatic transmission that are on the ground (about 1/3 of all the SS's on the ground). Apparently some dealerships never bothered to look at what vehicles sat around the longest in 2015 before they ordered. Heck there are still at least 55 2015 Phantom Black SS's with automatics out there that can be bought new! Our two 2016 Chevrolet SS's are still available for purchase. Our Slipstream Blue Manual with Sunroof & Spare was already built on 2/21/2016. Our Some Like It Hot Red Manual with Sunroof & Spare is scheduled to be built the week of 4/18/2016. All 2016 Chevrolet SS are scheduled to be built out before 4/29/16. If you are waiting to custom order a 2016 Chevrolet SS, you better act soon. Orders for them CANNOT be placed past close of business this Thursday March 3, 2016. I am hearing rumors that some dealerships are already getting backlogged with orders that GM has not picked up in over a month. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are now over 208 Chevrolet SS's on the ground. 62 of those are manuals, and 146 of them are automatics. The window for custom ordering a 2016 has now closed. You will either need to buy in instock unit, or wait until October or so to order a 2017.

·
Registered
348 Posts
how do the stick shift cars drive ,,,, is it geared user friendly for traffic stop and go,, clutch pedal feel , ,,, Terryville ct has a stick car,, might have to test drive it

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do the stick shift cars drive ,,,, is it geared user friendly for traffic stop and go,, clutch pedal feel , ,,, Terryville ct has a stick car,, might have to test drive it
I know what my G8 GXP felt like stock, and I have briefly test driven a manual transmission SS. I think that in stock form, both are EXTREMELY user friendly for stop and go. The clutch pedal pressure was very reasonable for my wife and I. Not sure if the SS has the same fluid contamination issue as the G8 GXP, but that was the only issue I have heard with them in stock form. This issue simply required the fluid to be flushed occasionally. I think you should drive one to see for yourself.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts