Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Search/Google is your friend. You can get them at Amazon for about $90, painted to match factory colors.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/2008-2009-Pontiac-Antenna-Custom-Painted/dp/B008L59HGO[/ame]

·
2015 SS SLIHR 6speed Man.
13 Posts
More 2016 SS's have arrived, and now there are 53 nationwide. They are concentrated in NY, PA, MD, NY, VA, DE, and CA currently. I'm betting that they are delaying shipments to those of us in the "rust belt" until temps for the summer-only tires improve. The early vehicles are heavily weighted to automatics vs. manuals (41 to 12) which surprises me a bit.
This is good. Keep the number of manual low :driving:

I wonder is the number of manual SS's imported will stay below the number manual GXP's after this year.

·
2015 SS SLIHR 6speed Man.
13 Posts
how do the stick shift cars drive ,,,, is it geared user friendly for traffic stop and go,, clutch pedal feel , ,,, Terryville ct has a stick car,, might have to test drive it
I purchased my SLIHRM from them last year! :) I will be happy to buy another car from them when the time comes. I am sure you have to be talking about the Slipstream Blue they told me they ordered when I purchased mine.

Clutch feel
Other than the stupid skip shift, which really suckes when you are trying to drive easy in traffic, the clutch is good. The spring is not heavy but when you engage it, it wants to come out a little quick. You will get use to it. No regrets buying mine. I never had the chance to test drive this with a manual. Only auto's local to me. I am in VA. My purchase with Terryville Chevy was all done on the phone, emails and mailing paper work back and forth. :)

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There are now over 265 SS's in the country, and now they seem to even be filtering up here to the "rust belt." I am still shocked that of these cars, less than 30% have the manual transmission. Last year the cars with manual transmissions are the ones that sold quickest. Right now there are only 74 manual SS's around and over 191 automatics. I think the dealerships that ordered the automatics will sit on them for awhile. There are still plenty of 2015 automatic SS's around in the common colors, and even a few in the not so common colors.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This is good. Keep the number of manual low :driving:

I wonder is the number of manual SS's imported will stay below the number manual GXP's after this year.
Well, there were a total of 846 2009 G8 GXPs built in 2009 with the manual transmission. There were only 624 2015 Chevrolet SS's built in 2015 with the manual transmission. Hard to say what there will be for 2016, but currently it's looking similar to percentages for 2016, with manuals being about 20% or lower.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I think the dealerships that ordered the automatics will sit on them for awhile.

2 years or more if '14s are any indication...:) IMO most dealers don't understand who buys this car and why, most think its just a more expensive Malibu or Impala that gets worse gas mileage. A few dealers have figured it out and knew what to order.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
2 years or more if '14s are any indication...:) IMO most dealers don't understand who buys this car and why, most think its just a more expensive Malibu or Impala that gets worse gas mileage. A few dealers have figured it out and knew what to order.
I think you are correct. We have done pretty well with the SS's that we have ordered since 2014. I am surprised that we still have our Alchemy Purple automatic in stock (if it had been a manual it would be long gone). We took in our Silver Ice automatic on dealer trade along with a Corvette, so that is what it is. If the automatic/manual ratio continues for 2016, then those who want a manual shouldn't be too patient or they'll miss out, just like with 2015 manuals.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
There are now well over 350 2016 SS's in the country, and it's now getting tougher to keep track of them due to limits in my searching capabilities. There are still less than 100 manual transmission cars, so that makes me think that production of them will stay less than 30% (making them harder to get and more desirable).

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
2016 SS Availability as of 4/4/2016

Regal Peacock - 3 manual - 4 automatic
Some Like It Hot Red - 6 manual - 38 automatic
Jungle Green - 1 manual - 3 automatic
Silver Ice - 4 manual - 25 automatic
Red Hot - 7 manual - 36 automatic
Phantom Black - 38 manual - 51+ automatic
Heron White - 18 manual - 50+ automatic
Slipstream Blue - 14 manual - 36 automatic
Mystic Green - 1 manual - 9 autotmatic

That means that there are now 344+ SS in the country. It looks like the most recent batch have all gotten into the dealer network, and are starting to sell. It looks like manuals still account for less than about 25% of production. I know there is another batch coming, since our first 2016 SS was on a boat that left Australia on March 9. It should be arriving in Benicia, CA soon, and then we wait to get it shipped to us.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
2016 SS Availability as of 4/5/2016

Regal Peacock - 3 manual - 5 automatic
Some Like It Hot Red - 6 manual - 39 automatic
Red Hot - 7 manual - 38 automatic
Phantom Black - 36 manual - 51+ automatic
Heron White - 18 manual - 50+ automatic
Slipstream Blue - 13 manual - 37 automatic

That means that there are now 346+ (each of my searches can only find about 50 cars maximum, which accounts for the "+")SS's in the country. It looks like the most recent batch have all gotten into the dealer network, and are starting to sell. It looks like manuals still account for less than about 25% of production. I know there is another batch coming, since our first 2016 SS was on a boat that left Australia on March 9. It should be arriving in Benicia, CA soon, and then we wait to get it shipped to us.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
2016 SS Availability as of 4/6/2016

Regal Peacock - 4 manual - 5 automatic
Some Like It Hot Red - 6 manual - 39 automatic
Red Hot - 8 manual - 38 automatic
Phantom Black - 36 manual - 57+ automatic
Heron White - 18 manual - 56+ automatic
Slipstream Blue - 13 manual - 40 automatic
Mystic Green - 2 manual - 9 autotmatic

That means that there are now 364+ (each of my searches can only find about 50 cars maximum, which accounts for the "+")SS's in the country. It looks like the most recent batch have all gotten into the dealer network, and are starting to sell. It looks like manuals still account for less than about 25% of production. I know there is another batch coming, since our first 2016 SS was on a boat that left Australia on March 9. It should be arriving in Benicia, CA soon, and then we wait to get it shipped to us.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
2016 SS Availability as of 4/7/2016

Some Like It Hot Red - 6 manual - 42 automatic
Jungle Green - 1 manual - 4 automatic
Silver Ice - 4 manual - 27 automatic
Red Hot - 7 manual - 39 automatic
Phantom Black - 37 manual - 57+ automatic
Heron White - 18 manual - 57+ automatic
Slipstream Blue - 14 manual - 40 automatic
Mystic Green - 2 manual - 9 autotmatic

That means that there are now 373+ (each of my searches can only find about 50 cars maximum, which accounts for the "+")SS's in the country. It looks like the most recent batch have all gotten into the dealer network, and are starting to sell. It looks like manuals still account for less than about 25% of production. I know there is another batch coming, since our first 2016 SS was on a boat that left Australia on March 9. It should be arriving in Benicia, CA soon, and then we wait to get it shipped to us.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
List price shows 50 G's for the 2016 unlike the last 2015 that I saw in Clinton Township MI which was in the mid 42's. There were 5,000 brought over in the first year when the Cad $ was more or less near par.
With the excise tax and sales tax here after exchange it would come in across the border at nearly $80,000 Canadian.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
There are now over 208 Chevrolet SS's on the ground. 62 of those are manuals, and 146 of them are automatics. The window for custom ordering a 2016 has now closed. You will either need to buy in instock unit, or wait until October or so to order a 2017.
Thats an interesting comment - do you know for a fact that there will be a 2017? Lots of speculation going on for you guy's over there.

Holden here is giving us little hints of limited edition models till the end - big question is which limited dedition to buy?? :)

I bit the bullet last year & bought this, number 18/50: -

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thats an interesting comment - do you know for a fact that there will be a 2017? Lots of speculation going on for you guy's over there.

Holden here is giving us little hints of limited edition models till the end - big question is which limited dedition to buy?? :)

I bit the bullet last year & bought this, number 18/50: -

I know for sure that we have been given 2017 Model Year Plant Start-Up Dates and Order Dates for the 2017 Chevrolet SS. Of course future plans can always be changed. Alot can change between now and July, when we sould be able to begin ordering, and now and October, when production is tentatively due to begin. I strongly suspect that 2017 Chevrolet SS production will be alot like 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP production was. It began right away, but was all wrapped up by February 2009 (while 2009 Holden production in the plant continued on for a few more months). For anyone who is holding off and hoping for a 2017 Chevrolet SS, you are taking a risk. I was holding off to buy a 2010 Pontiac G8 GXP (that I was told by GM was going to be produced). Then when I found out the plan had changed, and Pontiac was dead, there weren't alot of 2009 G8 GXPs left. I lucked out and got one. Keep that in mind!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
2016 SS Availability as of 4/11/2016

Some Like It Hot Red - 6 manual - 43 automatic
Silver Ice - 4 manual - 26 automatic
Red Hot - 9 manual - 41 automatic
Phantom Black - 38 manual - 57+ automatic
Heron White - 21 manual - 58+ automatic
Slipstream Blue - 14 manual - 41 automatic

That means that there are now 381+ (each of my searches can only find about 50 cars maximum, which accounts for the "+")SS's in the country. It looks like the most recent batch have all gotten into the dealer network, and are starting to sell. It looks like manuals still account for less than about 25% of production. I know there is another batch coming, since our first 2016 SS was on a boat that left Australia on March 9. It should be arriving in Benicia, CA soon, and then we wait to get it shipped to us.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
2016 SS Availability as of 4/14/2016

Regal Peacock - 3 manual - 6 automatic
Some Like It Hot Red - 6 manual - 43 automatic
Silver Ice - 3 manual - 27 automatic
Red Hot - 10 manual - 39 automatic
Phantom Black - 34 manual - 57+ automatic
Heron White - 21 manual - 58+ automatic
Slipstream Blue - 19 manual - 43 automatic
Mystic Green - 1 manual - 10 autotmatic

That means that there are now 384+ (each of my searches can only find about 50 cars maximum, which accounts for the "+")SS's in the country. It looks like the most recent batch have all gotten into the dealer network, and are starting to sell. It looks like manuals still account for less than about 25% of production. I know there is another batch coming, since our first 2016 SS was on a boat that left Australia on March 9. It should be arriving in Benicia, CA soon, and then we wait to get it shipped to us.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
A stock manual trans SS is *awesome*...one hell of a drivers car for sure.

I like it more than my GXP, but I like my GXP for different reasons...and the SS for others. It is more like what a new GXP would be.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
PM me the details and price on the purple one you have.
Sorry, I sold the Alchemy Purple SS already. The new owner is a member of the G8 Board, and this car will join his PBM M6 supercharged GXP. I do still have a Silver Ice SS with Automatic, Sunroof, & Spare available though.

21 - 40 of 197 Posts