Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1021 Posts

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Well I can see if you're trying to hide something from them, but otherwise it makes no sense to clear any codes that are there for troubleshooting a problem.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you press and hold in the recirculate button on the HVAC control you will put it into pollution mode.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Now that sounds like useful feature I didn't know about. I would imagine it stops exhaust fumes from entering the cabin.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ok, I feel dumb about this one, but...
I had the car for almost a month now, and just realized there was a lumbar support dial above the seat adjustment dial. Go ahead, laugh.:slap:

Jeff

·
Registered
88 Posts
you can switch to KM/hr vs MPH and run the digital read out up to 122 and send pictures to your friends/mother/cops who will summarily yell at you.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Well that service reset works like a charm! But I can not seem to get this engineering mode at all! Mine a brand new 09.5 and for the life of me I don't think it has it.

·
yes it is.
899 Posts
when you start your car, press down the left scroll button while you crank the key.

·
G8 GT - Sports and Pre Pg
532 Posts
BTW i forgot is there anything like a express all windows down?

One night i was jacking around with the HVAC and all the windows came down(now it did cross my mind about laying my arm on the buttons, but i llifted my arm off and they all came down..

havent been able to do it again

Great, something new to try to figure out! :)

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
There is a neat "lane change" feature with the turn signal. Just tap it up or down and it will blink three times..enough time for a lane change. I use it all the time.

·
Speed Addict
455 Posts
Some should read before posting so things aren't said 2-3 times over.

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI- the "stealth mode" in Australia is called "country mode" and serves to dim the cabin on country roads and highways where there are no streetlights and the many interior lights of the car may become overwhelming or distracting.

All pollution mode does is turn on air recirculation at speeds below 15km/h.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is a neat "lane change" feature with the turn signal. Just tap it up or down and it will blink three times..enough time for a lane change. I use it all the time.
I like this feature but I prefer to give other drivers a few more flashes of the turn signal when changing lanes.

Is there any way to increase it to 5 or 6 flashes?

·
Even Conan drives a G8 !
919 Posts
I didnt know my G8 with RWD would be so good in the snow as it was this past winter. I was very impressed with that having come from a FWD Mazda and felt my Pontiac G8 was much better in the snow than the Mazda with Front Wheel Drive. :driving:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Here's another one. In the center storage compartment, there is a slot on the passenger side of the compartment. It isn't a light, but it looks like there is room for one (and I bet the Holden in Australia comes with a light in the center storage compartment). Can any of our Aussie friends confirm? Was this a cost-cutting move to keep the G8 under the $30,000 in the U.S.? And if it's not for a light, then what the heck is that little slot for in our cars?

21 - 40 of 1021 Posts