Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1021 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the person asking about the "express" window down feature, I have a nissan maxima and if you hold the unlock button on the keyfob the windows will roll down until I let off the button...my friends lexus has this feature also....I dont have my G8 yet so cant confirm it on the G8.

·
yes it is.
899 Posts
heres one, the gas cap. it locks and unlocks with the car doors.

·
Registered
679 Posts
In manual mode, the transmission starts-out in 2nd gear by default. You can start-out in 3rd gear if you want also but it will go-back to 2nd once you stop again.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
If you press and hold in the recirculate button on the HVAC control you will put it into pollution mode.
Yea, I found that in the manual and have used it since Day One. Love it. It kinda increases the fan whenever you're idle or stopped (and sets to recirc also) so that in stop-and-go-traffic it keeps the air moving a bit.

I'm amazed that other cars don't have this feature!

Cool tip, though!

--zepcom

·
Aceves Const 310-350-8040
388 Posts
There is a neat "lane change" feature with the turn signal. Just tap it up or down and it will blink three times..enough time for a lane change. I use it all the time.
damn thats what it is. i thought my blinker was getting stuck.:slap:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If you press and hold in the recirculate button on the HVAC control you will put it into pollution mode.
Never thought of this but owner's manual notes not to use recirc mode if you are smoking. Nice to know so you avoid getting double the nicotine or double the high :p

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good thread. I have seen some things I didn't know about. But I've only had my car for 7 weeks.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
I didn't know about the blinker lane change feature, I always just hold it down til I'm in the other lane. Thanks Dan!

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
They ought to sticky this thread.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is GREAT. I cant get the Stealth mode to work whats the trick. I pushed both at the same time and nothing happens..Whats the deal?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here is a feature that I don't believe is on many other GM vehicles. The G8's have break away peddles. Meaning if you are in a front end collision and jamming on the brake peddle, it will break away preventing your knee/leg from absorbing all the impact.

·
'11 STI Sedan
1,341 Posts
you can run just your fog lights and parking lights (bad ass looking at dusk/dawn) if you turn your headlight switch to the left "o" and then to the right one spot past "auto".

thsi turns on the parking lights and fogs without headlights/daytime running lights.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
you can run just your fog lights and parking lights (bad ass looking at dusk/dawn) if you turn your headlight switch to the left "o" and then to the right one spot past "auto".

thsi turns on the parking lights and fogs without headlights/daytime running lights.
You don't need to turn the switch to the left. If you turn one notch to the right, and pull the switch out (fogs) then you will have fogs and parking lights only. Turning the switch one notch left from Auto, you will kill the DRLs.

mac

·
Texas state of mind...
1,139 Posts
Yes, but I don't think it needs to be changed all the frequently. I'm at 85% at 1,500 miles. Mine may not need a change for 10,000 miles at this rate.
I would never leave my oil in for 10k....it's about contamination in the oil, not oil breakdown.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I would never leave my oil in for 10k....it's about contamination in the oil, not oil breakdown.
My old 3 series BMW running synthetic only required oil changes at 15k, based on mfg suggested schedule.

mac

41 - 60 of 1021 Posts