Pontiac G8 Forum banner

821 - 840 of 1021 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you don't subscribe to XM/Sirius unplugging XM box in the trunk will get rid of XM entry on the radio when pressing "bands" button so you can switch between AM and FM quicker

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
If you replace the gas cap at the dealership, you will have to replace it again, and again, and again.... :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you replace the gas cap at the dealership, you will have to replace it again, and again, and again.... :)
So sad, huh?
Speaking of spare tires....were we?
I gave up and bought a spare with a jack kit from Australia.
I feel much better when driving through "those areas" at night now.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
So sad, huh?
Speaking of spare tires....were we?
I gave up and bought a spare with a jack kit from Australia.
I feel much better when driving through "those areas" at night now.
Things pretty rough these days in Brentwood? :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
When in sport mode all gas then all brake rpm's do not drop quick.....:driving:
Found this out by accident. Testing out the install of the CAI and I passed a guy in a Mercedes while on the brakes, car was down shifting like I had never seen. I think the guy in the other car pooped his pants and then flipped me off.
My fav part of this car so far.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
It's OK UnlkeTim, I live in the "Hood": N. Dallas. This is the same place that defrocked Vanilla Ice's street cred when they found out he wasn't really from the real "hood". The only hood in my town is the kind you buy at Prada or The Gap, or wherever the hell high society people who really aren't that high society like to buy clothes that make them feel rich and powerful. Think "Orange County Housewives" only in Dallas. There, the nails are longer, the hair is teased to Jesus, and the drawl is Awe-som-e bayyyybee.

Now who the hell shot J.R.?

·
MI Member
305 Posts
When in sport mode all gas then all brake rpm's do not drop quick.....:driving:
Found this out by accident. Testing out the install of the CAI and I passed a guy in a Mercedes while on the brakes, car was down shifting like I had never seen. I think the guy in the other car pooped his pants and then flipped me off.
My fav part of this car so far.
What?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
She is referring to "race mode". It happens after 5 secs of WOT. It will hold the gear you are in when you let off, not upshifting. Its for road course racing to hold your gear all the way through a corner. I thought I broke something the 1st time I discovered it. I only calmed down after using the search button on this site.

·
Registered
280 Posts
She is referring to "race mode". It happens after 5 secs of WOT. It will hold the gear you are in when you let off, not upshifting. Its for road course racing to hold your gear all the way through a corner. I thought I broke something the 1st time I discovered it. I only calmed down after using the search button on this site.
So I am not crazy...lol?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I remember a Chevy Citation (early 80s) doing that too and quiet frequently :D
My friend's mom had an early 80's Citation. That thing was FAST for it's time. We used to beat the hell out of that thing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 71 chevelle has so much power the AC compressor is never on... LOL

It doesnt even have one.

But one thing I wondered about the G8 is... In the back glass do we have a vent that blows on it when the rear defroster is on? When looking from outside the car in the back glass it looks like a vent runs around the base of the rear glass... can anyone confirm or deny? I forgot to get out there and turn the rear defroster on today when I saw that and feel if it is blowing or not.

821 - 840 of 1021 Posts
About this Discussion
1K Replies
348 Participants
Podium
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing