Pontiac G8 Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1021 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Tell them you don't want to pay full price until they offer it to you.

I've also been a subscriber for almost 10 years, so I get offers a lot.

It's like when your cable promotion runs out, your bill doubles, and a 5 minute phone call later they're all of a sudden willing to accept half of their "normal" rate.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is price the only thing that keeps you from it?

4 dollars a month seems pretty reasonable
My reasons are:
1. I rather use my MP3 player with lossless CD rips.
I don't like the quality of XM audio even though it is advertised at near CD quality it is more like 256kbps MP3, and talk stations are compressed so much it sounds like robots or PC doing text to speech 5 years ago.
2. By the time I find a station with a song I like I am at the destination. I would wear out "next station" button for sure.

The Sirius receiver I had many years ago, before XM bought it, had an awesome feature which allowed you to mark songs as favorites when they played. Then when that song came on on a different station receiver would beep and show which of your favorite song came on. Pressing a button would switch to that station. But you could only keep 30 songs as favorites. I wish that feature was brought back and allowed you to mark 1000s of songs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Most of the stuff in this thread belongs in a thread called "Things you can know about your g8 by reading its owners manual"

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Tell them you don't want to pay full price until they offer it to you.
Of course I do not want to pay full price even if is offered to me.

I think you meant until they make an offer to me/you.

Started a subscription last year and got for about $8 a month as a test trial.

Yes, agree with the sound quality is not the greatest. But the wife loves the comedy channel and that is good for me at this moment. The talk shows are all crap. Do not listen to sport talk since all about "what ifs". Political channels are all bought. So I am bouncing back and forth with Ozzie's Boneyard, 80s, 90s and sometimes the 70s stations.

One thing that I am wondering; the car has a GPS receiver? If so, is it on the OnStar crap?

I unplugged mine to connect my CoStar/BlueStar but has these what seems to be Antenna Cables. There is no power going to that, right?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
It's your baby. Do what makes you feel comfortable but I'd think 4k is early. Some go for 7k plus. They will just go by the o.l.m.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't like the quality of XM audio even though it is advertised at near CD quality it is more like 256kbps MP3
I think it depends on the station. I used to listen to BPM and I thought it sounded just like anything else: FM, CD, phone to aux. I can't tell the difference above 192 kbps, but it depends on the system you're listening to it with I suppose. I'm using the G8 as an example.

It's your baby. Do what makes you feel comfortable but I'd think 4k is early. Some go for 7k plus. They will just go by the o.l.m.
The olm on the new GM stuff can be trusted, you can go way past 3k and be fine. Way too much to cover, but motor oil in general can be used longer than the "3 mo/3k mile oil change" that people used to go by.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I use the OLM and even go a bit more since I use Synthetic; so far, the car is not modded, still run the DOD/AFM and not a single valve tick/rattle on 95,000+ miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
LOL
50. That whooshing sound you hear when driving is the sound of panties dropping on every woman you pass.

So being a Lady driver.... What sound do the guys make as I drive by? :)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
So being a Lady driver.... What sound do the guys make as I drive by?*
Id assume. Wait! Come back!! ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
LOL
50. That whooshing sound you hear when driving is the sound of panties dropping on every woman you pass.

Sounds of bones in the neck snappin...

·
Registered
344 Posts
LOL

Hmm...it may be one of the following.

From SNL, Waynes World: 'SCHWIINNG'

or also from SNL, Jon Lovitz and Tom Hanks: "Helllloooooo...... Goooodbye. She doesn't even know we exist. We just get older, and fatter every day".

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here is another one to add to the list. The VIN is etched on the floor beneath the front passenger seat. There is a flap in the carpet at the front of the seat. If you move the seat to its full rear travel, you can lift the flap and see the VIN etched in the floor of the body. Helpful to determine whether a car you are looking at has been rebirthed from another car.

BJ

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's good information. Thanks for sharing. Now how do I turn off the traction control completely so I can do smoke shows? I have tried and tried. I even went to my GM dealership and they couldn't even do it. I can spin out from a start a little but I can feel the computer trying to stop it. I was almost crushed when I pulled out from a stop sign and hit some loose gravel and could not power slide through it. It feels like the traction control is still on in some kind of fashion or other. Now before someone says turn it of by hitting the button. I drive most times with the traction control off. In the snow climbing an incline I turn it off so I can maintain momentum but I can still feel something slowing the wheel spin? I know the G8 has the cross latest traction control. I know it is not front to back wheel speed control that my 07 Impala SS has. It has X type wheel speed control. Anyone know this secret? I know the new camaros/Vettes can line lock. And get a launch control. Someone has to know something?

·
Registered
119 Posts
The stability is great, a well balanced vehicle. Ha. The traction control is great also. It is to good for when I want to play. I know the owners that can afford to take the g8 to a dream level might know how to shut it down completely?

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's good information. Thanks for sharing. Now how do I turn off the traction control completely so I can do smoke shows? I have tried and tried. I even went to my GM dealership and they couldn't even do it. I can spin out from a start a little but I can feel the computer trying to stop it. I was almost crushed when I pulled out from a stop sign and hit some loose gravel and could not power slide through it. It feels like the traction control is still on in some kind of fashion or other. Now before someone says turn it of by hitting the button. I drive most times with the traction control off. In the snow climbing an incline I turn it off so I can maintain momentum but I can still feel something slowing the wheel spin? I know the G8 has the cross latest traction control. I know it is not front to back wheel speed control that my 07 Impala SS has. It has X type wheel speed control. Anyone know this secret? I know the new camaros/Vettes can line lock. And get a launch control. Someone has to know something?
No matter how many times I read your post, I can NOT figure out what you're talking about. The switch on the console switches the Stability Control ON or OFF. Traction control is included in this. It's either ON or it's OFF. It's not a little bit ON, or sort of OFF. Or kind of OFF until you hit some gravel then secretly ON. It's a 1 or a 0. ON or OFF. If you can't do a burnout, it's not the car that's the problem.

If you turn the Stability Control off, this can happen:

981 - 1000 of 1021 Posts