1001 - 1020 of 1021 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sounds like a driver mod is required.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That is some that I will not recomend. Usualy, people will try to take it to the limits to show off or fun and end up wrapped on a tree.

Lots of videos in You Tube of some nucklehead crashing their exotic cars.

Some like this....

·
F1rehawk
713 Posts
....those are an interesting call to the insurance co the next morning....
Yeah eumm the clutch slipped and eumm the steering locked for some reason and eumm my leg got sore and eumm I took out some pedestrians before crashing..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unless I missed this in the list, I have found that when you start your car via the remote start, you can't remotely unlock your doors until you are right next to the car. I would assume this is a security feature so that you can't unlock it from the house and then have someone walk up, get in, and take your car.

And I seen the post about the car automatically turning on your headlights when you turn the wipers on, but I didn't see, and maybe I just missed it, that this doesn't happen right away. The lights don't turn on until your wipers have been on for about 1 minute.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Mine unlocks from inside my house and so on. Remote started or not.

As for the headlights. I never noticed lol

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yeah when I remote start I can unlock my car from the same range as the remote start. But I also added a huge antenna around the headliner to increase my remote range. I wouldnt be surprised once your car is running the already lame remote range gets interference from the engine running or something.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hold the Fob to your head, will extend the range. It does work, watch Jeremy Clarkson doing the trick.

I do it when I am aproaching my car to remote start. It does double the range, no joke. Also, makes a cool trick with your friends :D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
10-4 saw this on another site and tried it and its doubled my fobs range.
I can unlock my G8 from 9 feet away now....starting its till 4 or so though....damn thing!

·
Registered
119 Posts
WOW! Ignorance is bliss for some? For the cheap seats. The speedometer says 180 MPH, Yeah? The tachometer says 8,000RPM, Yeah? You turn off the traction control, Yeah? Ok, what do the three of these have in common? They all show you can do it but not true. Sadly enough for some of us. Warranty, Warranty, Warranty. These all are limited to keep warranty expenses under control by the designer. Shortly after posting my original post I took my 2009 Pontiac Holden G8 GT to the dealership for this very reason. Why when I turn off the traction control can I not do burn outs or power through a tire spin in an emergency situation? It spins more with it off then on but limited. I told the Lead GM technician to take it out in the wet parking lot to realize what I experienced. It spins but then slows down to gain traction. He explained after some research that it was a Warranty expense limitation like the speed and RPM. With his lap top scanner he actually saw the traction control kick back in and slow the spin time after time. So we hold onto ignorance like it is bliss. We fear what we don't know. If your G8 does burnouts when the traction control is turned off consider yourself lucky and I am jealous. When I reached out to the G8 nation with this question and concern I guess I did not expect ignorance and bashing. My opinion about the traction control is as follows. Some of us enjoy are drive with it off. Some enjoy it on. I like it on with my family in the car. I like it on in heavy rain and snow. I like it off when I am going up a hill in deep snow for more spins to backup my momentum. i like it off when I am powering through a turn at high speeds and loosing traction. I don't drive a short wheel base mustang. I like the long wheelbase of my G8. I find it smooth and controlled in corners. It costs me hub bearings but play and pay as I posted in the past about this. If you find yourself in your vehicle and aren't very comfortable with the weight, size and performance of it keep the traction control on. If very comfortable enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! PAY to PLAY!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The L76 does not like to climb RPMs. Never ever do burn outs on mine, let alone take the Rev Limiter off or Track off. So far, after 138,000 is a solid car, not a single issue. Also, is governed to 137ish MPH. Pushed mine to 135 down in Mexico...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah totally get it. I bought a tuner and removed the speed limiter and raised the RPM limiter. I have seen over 140 MPH but ran into traffic. Before yeah 138 MPH max. I run a straight highway 15 miles each way to work and sometimes it is empty. I only run it up passed 100 MPH when I have recently checked the car out and have newish tires and a good left hub bearing. I always want to be prepared if the worst should happen. When I am feeling confident and run into empty highway? I have the car ready to make a run now. New front tires, new left hub bearing and the car is thoroughly checked so soon I am going to push it up again. Mine has 106,000 Miles. Solid. Finishing up the new front bumper cover mods. It is now displaying a lion front and center . That will shake up the purest. Waiting for that empty highway.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Not that I do it a lot, but mine has never had any trouble doing a burnout with TC off. Stock or tuned. Maybe there was a stock programming change at some point, but that's the first I've heard of it acting like that in 11 years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As I posted you are lucky but I guess it saves on tires. At 285/35/18 ZR They ain't cheap. When I brought it to GM, I was hoping for a repair. I bought a tuner to remove the RPM and speed limiters. But what do I do about the Traction control? I once again was hoping I could pull a fuse or something easy like that or slip the GM tech $50 to turn it off for good. Who knows. I am in the next year hope to buy the scanner with the licensed software $2000 to have the ultimate control of the GM computer on all my GM/ Holden vehicles. Maybe then? Until then It accelerates like crazy and I am going to enjoy every minute of fun with my drive like the rest of G8 nation. Keep you posted on the top speed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine unlocks from inside my house and so on. Remote started or not.

As for the headlights. I never noticed lol
Yeah when I remote start I can unlock my car from the same range as the remote start. But I also added a huge antenna around the headliner to increase my remote range. I wouldnt be surprised once your car is running the already lame remote range gets interference from the engine running or something.
Hmm. Mine sure doesn't. If the car isn't running, I can unlock it from inside the house. If I remote start it, it won't unlock unlock until I am literally standing next to the driver door.

And yes, I know the key FOB to the head trick works from experience. ;-)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The Traction Control can be disabeled by the push of a button on the center console. The Track Control does more than preventing wheel spin, it helps with stabilization using accelerometers. Saved me a few times on slippery/wet roads.

1001 - 1020 of 1021 Posts