Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've (finally) been able in finish my first round of mods which can be seen in my sig. Now it's time to look ahead for stage 2. I'll be getting the FE3s in this summer. I've been going in steps because I don't want to introduce any new NVH to the car. What would be a good next mod to tighten things up a little more while still retaining the car's basic comfort? I'm thinking sways but have heard of a couple of noise issues (grease?). Have also read the GM endlinks are actually pretty good. Also any input on what brands have held up over the years? Cheers.

·
Registered
848 Posts
After reading many recomendations here I gave green grease a try when i installed my sways and it has worked well with no additional noise or squeaks. I picked it up from Autozone, but there are other sources..

I am still on my stock end links but am thinking about the Moog problem solvers.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading many recomendations here I gave green grease a try when i installed my sways and it has worked well with no additional noise or squeaks. I picked it up from Autozone, but there are other sources..

I am still on my stock end links but am thinking about the Moog problem solvers.
How are your stock links holding up?

·
Registered
848 Posts
The stock endlinks appear fine but the bars are pretty new to the car. I figure the plastic in the stock end links will be the first to go... That or the lower control arm mounting points, hard to say.

·
Registered
336 Posts
20,000 miles on stock end links w/ BMR sways, 42,000 miles total. Checked them today while installing eibach and fe3's... Still fine.

Green grease has been my friend on sway bars for a decade...no noises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts