Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner of my maroon(color on website graphic) 2009 GT. It has just over 104k miles. Runs great, original condition, garage kept, well maintained with all service records.
I am seriousy debating keeping it longer since I really love the car. It is my everyday car and I am worried about things going wrong after 100k miles.
anyone else drive theirs regularly after 100k miles with no issues?
Also, the only comparable replacement option is probably the Charger? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
SRM G8 GT | PBM G8 V6
65 Posts
Mine is doing well at 124,130 miles. Stock motor with the DOD turned off through HP tuners. Been pretty much trouble free in the time I've had it. Charger would be the comparable replacement, but those cars are much heavier and not as unique since you see them everywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
The color is Sport Red, btw.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Sport Red Metallic (AKA Red Passion Metallic)

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Common problems with these cars after 100,000 miles are

Radiator Inlet goes brittle and requires radiator replacement
Water Pump Seal Fails requiring new water pump
Alternator random failure (could be voltage regualtor or brushes (if they have them).
Instrument Cluster random failure (very hard to get new and only remaining stock if any)
Radio Fascia Random Failure due to poor connections.

As long as you can find replacement parts there isn't a problem but Holden Australia has all but given up on parts support
Many of the component suppliers left when GM left the country in 2017 and Holden closed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Recently passed 100k on my '09 and it's been very reliable. I had the alternator failure at 100k, and took that opportunity to pre-emptively replace the water pump and tensioner. Only other thing I've had fail are two injectors (one at 85k and one at 96k, simple to replace). Per post #6, I'll keep an eye on my radiator and pray I have no instrument cluster failure. Car is 100% unmodified.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll soon hit 160K on my Sport Red Metallic 2008 G8 GT. I am the original owner, and it has been my only car since I bought it in April 2008. I have not had anything I consider to be a major issue since crossing the 100K mark. No mods, unless you count the bluetooth thing (bluestar?) I replaced my OnStar module with.

Here are the things I remember dealing with:
  • Alternator died - replaced with OEM by dealership
  • Temperature sensor for engine coolant has died twice
  • Crack in the A/C system (don't recall where)
  • Driver rear window motor died

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2009 GT is going strong at almost 187K! I love the car & I bought it new in Dec of 09.
Things that have come up:
ECM replaced around 77K.
One of the radiator fans went out around 135K. Airbag module under passenger seat replaced around 150K. A couple of door lock actuators & that's it!
Granted about 90% of miles are highway miles.
If you want a newer car the same I am selling my 2017 Orange blast SS on ssforums.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts